What's new

The Odd Couple Season One? Time-Life Exclusive? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I don't think his set went out, this set is not scheduled to be shipped until 8/28

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I never used Time Life before so I'm not sure but I first got an email saying that my order had moved to the warehouse and then a day or so later, *(2 weeks ago) I got another email saying my order had shipped and this completes your order. It did say allow 2 weeks for delivery as they use media mail which I KNOW can take that long as I shipped my DVDs and CDS out here to Cali. when I moved using it. No way to track it as it's just media mail. I guess I'll wait another day or so.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Just checked my account through the website and this is what it says...

"Past Orders (these orders have been shipped)

Order Number Number of Items Order Total Date Placed Status

I2284588 1 $35.07 07/24/2006 Completed "

So whether or not it did actually ship, they THINK it did so AGH!!!!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
No set still. I emailed them and will see what they say. I hope their customer service isn't as slow as their delivery.

:)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well, 16 days now since they emailed me that it "shipped" and no sign. I'm sure you guys are correct and it didn't but since they claim it did, what do I do? I emailed them 2 days ago and no reponse. GREAT customer service....
oy

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

I buy almost exclusively online. Even with media mail, if it's taken 16 business days, there's probably a problem. If you're not getting a response to email, time life does have a 1-800 customer service number, I'd try that to see if they can clarify what may have happened.

Call Toll-Free: 1-800-950-7887
Call between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., ET, Monday through Friday, and Saturday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., except holidays.

I've found that most companies have a minimum waiting period (20-30 days depending on the e-tailer) before they will re-ship 'lost' packages. I had this happen to me twice before. Once with wherehouse.com where it was 15 days and the order still hadn't come. When I called them, they told me that they had a minimum waiting period, (21 days I think) before re-shipping. Miraculously the item showed up around day 20. This was an anomaly since every other order placed with them has showed up w/in 10 days or less.

The second time it was with DDD. When I called them, I had already exceeded their "wait" time. They re-shipped the item, priority mail and I had it in about 3 days. The original carton showed up about a week later with the
movie missing. Basically, an empty cardboard box was deliverd, but it was also clear that it had been tampered with. I could only assume the movie was 'stolen' somewhere along the way.

The USPS has generally proven pretty reliable for me, but every now and then there is a snafu.

Hopefully TimeLife phone customer service can at least clarify what happened.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
OK, figured it out. Argh!
My order was canelled. Has not shipped. Auto-email was a mix-up.
What happened is this. I moved to Berkeley from NYC last year. Over a year ago. I switched all my banking, billing and credit card info. and mailing addresses. I have a Capital one Mastercard that I tend not to really use. I mostly use my debit card for oredring online. A couple of times when I've ordered stuff using the Cap. card I have receieved emails from companys/etaliers stating that my address did not match the one on the card. They stated that they were coming up with a NYC address. I contacted Capital one each time this occurred, (about 4X) and each time they would say, "No. We have your new Berkeley address as your mailing address.." I am getting the bills here so they were partially right. I complained that this has happened a few times and they always say, "Have them call us.." That worked with Guitar Center and a couple of smaller companys but TIME/LIFE is not going to do that. They just cancelled my order when the address didn't match up. I can re-order the odd couple with another card,no big there but every time I try to use the Cap. one card I am gonna have to deal with this it's really frustrating. I like it because it has the lowest APR of my 2 cards.

ARGH!!!

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

I'm glad to hear that you got the issue resolved. That gives me hope for a timely receipt of my order whenever it ships. I checked the status again today, and the status is still listed as "backordered". We're still a few days ahead of the official release date, so this doesn't concern me for now.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator
I got one of those "back order" post cards from Time Life today. I called customer service to see how long the wait would be. The rep said that due to overwhelming response they'd been out of stock since 7/24. And that it would take an additional 4-6 weeks for the order to ship. Add media mail time to that and it could be close to two months before I get my DVD set. Needless to say I'm not a happy camper. I guess this is the downside of an item being available through only one distribution channel. This wouldn't be an issue if it were being released through regular retail channels. :-(

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Well, at least it's a very good sign that there have been so many orders and that this is apparently a highly desired title.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

You got the same card I did. It was dated 8/7 with an 8/18 expected ship date. That's the reason I called. I was confused as to why I would get this card today, if the item was shipping two days from now. The rep said they were completely out of stock, so it's unlikely that your set will be shipping on Friday either.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
While holding my breath in anticipation of whether the set or another postcard will ship tomorrow, I'm wondering: Has anyone seen a tv commercial/infomercial advertising the ODD COUPLE dvd yet? Does TL do this for their dvds? (I've seen them promote cds on tv.) I'd love to see one for this series (even though I've already placed my order for it).

Jeff Wooten

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator
I checked the website today, and my "order status" has been changed from "backordered" to "received". I called Customer Service to find out what this meant and was told that they DO have a new shipment of the DVD sets that came in today, and will be going out as soon as they are processed.

So scractch the 4-6 week wait I was told about just ONE DAY AGO! I'm glad that I'll be getting my set sooner rather than later, but its' frustrating to have been given the previous mis-information.

In short, it appears that for all of us who had pending orders we should have our sets in hand by months end.

As for the commercials, I have not seen a single one. I don't know if that means they're not running or if I've just missed them. But it's amazing if they're selling well enough to run out of stock without even running any commercials.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the update, Ollie! It's a relief to know this set does exist and appears to be shipping "on time' (knocking on wood).

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I just recieved an email from time life.that says your order has been shipped and this completes your order.I can't wait to watch the odd couple set commercial free and uncut or hopefully uncut.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't received an e-mail yet, but according to the TL site, my order is "completed." I hope "completed" means "shipping."

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

I checked and my order is also listed as "completed". I clicked on the order number which takes you to the shipping status screen, which further showed the status as "shipped". The only minor concern I have is that there's a place for the tracking number to be listed, and it's been left blank. But based on the conversation I had with the customer service rep yesterday, I'm going to assume that this all means the set is on the way....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks