What's new

The Next Sony ES DVD player announced (1 Viewer)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Now OTOH the Marantz is being touted highly solely based on the fact its a SACD/DVD audio player but noone mentions it has the same video chip as the Pioneer which has the chroma bug =/
I know it is based on the Pioneer,but are you sure that they used the same MPEG decoder chip as well?
Having said that the Ayre D-1 was based on a Pioneer player and it did have the chroma bug,but that was a couple years ago,I belive they fixed that since.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I know it is based on the Pioneer,but are you sure that they used the same MPEG decoder chip as well?
All the rumors thus far say they are using the same chip and considering Marantz has a history of producing Pioneer clones I wouldn't be shocked. The current this year generation Pioneer 47a has the bug.

I could be proven wrong by Marantz but video has never been their strong point.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I personally think that's a sweet looking player. I'll be curious on quality - I am thinking upgrade this year from my JVC (love the multi-region but I think the ergonomics suck.)

Greg Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if anybody caught this...
Based on the press release it would appear as though the DVD 999ES is using Analog Devices Encoders.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomkzufomsg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale