What's new

The new iPod shuffle and nano - Holy **** (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
to you, sure. i would only buy the black one, no matter what the capacity was. different strokes, they say.

CJ

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

There are black full-size iPods.

There's also the black version of the MacBook. Once you equalize prices for the hard drive upgrade, I believe you're paying something like $150 for having the black case instead of the white one.

Long ago, PowerBooks used to come in dark gray cases that were near-black, and I also believe there was a black 68K-based MacTV.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The 2G iPod Shuffles are finally shipping, but I did a double take when I saw the Fedex tracking page. It's shipping from China! :laugh: I guess they had to in order to ship it by their originally scheduled month of October.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
ever look at any other shipping labels for an ipod bought from apple? every ipod i've bought has come from china.

CJ

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I'm looking at upgrading from my 4G iPod 20gig at some point. I was interested in the Zune but am not so excited about that one anymore. I'm actually trying to decide between the red 8 gig Nano, or the black 30 gig 5.5G iPod. I have a lot of songs I've actually bought from iTunes, so I need to stay with iPod if I want to listen to them (or get one of the programs that unlocks them, but I doubt that's allowed to be discussed here). How is the sound quality on the new Nanos compared to the regular iPod and the 4G iPod I have now?

Brian

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Yeah there are stories that both 12GB and 16GB memory sticks will be available in Spring 2007, so related iPod Nanos are sure to come soon thereafter.

I am almost tempted to wait until January to find out. Meanwhile I've been having fun with the latest version of iTunes on my computer, getting cover art scanned when there's none to be had, etc. Kind of fun to go over one's whole CD collection again. My "essentials" take up about 7.4 GB, and I hear that the 8GB Nano actually only stores 7.44 GB, so there's my reason for delaying my decision until after MacWorld.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks