What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Lets look at The Mist. After a freak thunderstorm knocks out the power in his home, artist David Drayton (Thomas Jane) decides to take his son Billy (Nathan Gamble) in to town for supplies.  Fate intervenes and adds neighbor Brent Norton (Andre Braugher) along for the ride.  While David and Brent have been at odds over a homeowner’s dispute, they put on happy faces for Billy’s sake.  Upon reaching town a strange mist floods in, making seeing further than 15 feet or so impossible.  As the townsfolk converge on the local shopping mart they hear their neighbors being attacked and presumably killed in the mist.
In the store, factions start building: Those who want to venture in to the mist to rescue loved ones, those convinced it’s all fake, those convinced it is real and deadly, and those convinced it’s the act of a wrathful god determined to bring an apocalypse to the unbelievers.
Leading the latter is Mrs. Carmody (Marcia Gay Harden) a holy-roller fanatic who believes she is both...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've only seen the streaming HD color version, so I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, this movie was shot with the intention of being presented in B&W. In my book, that is how it should be viewed.

And Sam is right. It is excellent, and rather devastating.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Despite what some people thought (apparently they didn’t read the story) this is one of my favorite King adaptations. The ending is closer to a European horror film than American. While I’m not interested in this package it makes me want to revisit the movie again!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Despite what some people thought (apparently they didn’t read the story) this is one of my favorite King adaptations. The ending is closer to a European horror film than American. While I’m not interested in this package it makes me want to revisit the movie again!
I wasn’t interested in buying this release until the sale price dropped to $11.99 and I jumped on it.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I saw The Mist at an Industry Screening and at the conclusion, my New Line Representative called me over and asked what I thought. Well I was so taken a back at the ending I was very vocal on my thoughts, which were not kind. He then introduced me to Frank Darabont who was standing next to him. I can say that over the years I have appreciated this film greatly. Not sure Mr Darabont will ever have a drink with me.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, the first time I saw this, when it came out, my reaction to the ending was to say…. “Yep!”

Of course, I’m totally screwed up.

Robert Saccone

Premium
I missed the $12 window the other day. Must have been really short because I checked within a a few hours of the posting. Back to $32.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Mine is arriving today, and I think I might sit down and watch it tonight. As I said, the B&W version is definitely my personal preference, but I want to at least take a quick look at the color version to if I still feel the same way.

Robert Saccone

Premium
Only two?
Two additional are enough. I've been on a disc buying tear and have had a good number show up in the past couple of days - The Fugitive, Exorcist III, Cushing Curiosities, The Changeling, Oppenheimer, Duel, and a few more I can't recall right now. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks