What's new

The Masters 2010 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Sumnernor

In regards to Tiger and his wife problems - the wife is certainly very attractive. I cannot see why he would "play around" with others.
Because he's a morally-bankrupt jackass. Plain and simple.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Eh, I always have this thought about Tiger:

If a woman told her husband she was cheating, and she chased him out of the house with a golf club, crashed in the back window of the car, and is seen in photos above her with a club in hand and her banged up, how long would we talk about the cheating, and how much time would we spend on the spousal abuse?

It was a terrible thing he did by cheating, sure. The Sex Rehab thing is ridiculous. He should have just divorced her, said "I learned my lesson, here's $50M, go away" and then just went back to being a bachelor. He's a billionaire with opportunites. That's all.
I'm hoping he wins.

Then again, I would have loved for his first press conference to went more like "Yes, I did those things. Yes, they were wrong. Anyone chasing down John Daly and his wife over her bust for running a Meth Lab? What I did was morally wrong, but legal, and has no penalties on the golf course. Everything was consensual. Now, if you don't mind me, I'm going out on that golf course and I'm going to beat some a-- like I'm a dominatrix at Mardi Gras.."

(note, this quote has been stolen from several ESPN.COM posters who used it, and I liked it)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Do you actually think she would go away for 50 million when her potential payday is 10 times that amount or more? He is trying to avoid a divorce because the financial ramifications are enormous, but why she is sticking around is anyone's guess.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yes, I believe she would. If he wanted it to be messy, he'd just press charges on her for spousal abuse and give her nothing. That would have been my advice for him the night of the accident. Plenty of pictures of her with golf clubs, him messed up, broken back window. bam, escape, maybe a douche, but no money paid.

The reason why you settle for say, $50, is because you do it and you walk away. Tiger may be "worth" tons of money, but he's been incorporated for a very long time. Sorting out what of that money is viable to go her way would be a great expense on her, and more then that, she might not end up with nearly as much as you'd think.. His corporate holdings are considered worth more then $1B, but that doesn't mean any of it is liquid, or could even be made liquid. So you take what you can get instantly and you walk. :)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Actually, it's reported that her amount in the prenup is very low, less than $50M, and then he will pay monthly child support. Which could be $100,000 a month, or whatever they deem neccessary. But it's not that much.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
but why she is sticking around is anyone's guess.
I'm not sure she will be. She didn't go to the Masters. That's pretty telling, and more women are still coming out of the woodwork. I also wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't enormous pressures for her not to seek divorce as well. As was said, he's incorporated, so it worth a lot of money to people that there's at least an attempt to salvage the marriage.

he'd just press charges on her for spousal abuse and give her nothing. That would have been my advice for him the night of the accident. Plenty of pictures of her with golf clubs, him messed up, broken back window. bam, escape, maybe a douche, but no money paid.
It's probably bullshit, but one of the rumors at first was that the insurance companies wanted to got after Elin for going after him with the golf club.

The reason why you settle for say, $50, is because you do it and you walk away.
There are some women, not all women, but some women who are happy to try to take a spouse for all he's worth especially when there's tons of money involved. They'll claim they need $50,000 a month in child support for example. There are plenty on divorce horror stories out there.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

I don't understand your point about the people in the USA. Please, clarify.

Crawdaddy
I don't understand your problem with my statement. If this was a, for example, a british web site, I might have said England. My point was not meant to be a negative comment on the US. I wanted to say, that I am sure that in a large country such as the US, there are many "incidents" that don't go beyond the local news because the people envolved are not famous such as Tiger. This could happen anyplace in the world (perhaps not in Iran). "Incidents" might also include gun-shooting . My parents also had problems but I don't think you read about that. I am relative certain that many marriage problems don't make the headlines nationally. I asked a friend if he ever had arguments with his wife and he laughed. I am also believe that many marriage problems are due to both of the spouses.

I think that Tiger was stupid to let this happen. We really don't know both sides of the issue. I am in agreement with post 20 by "WillG". There are people who are gifted in one area and not another area, such as Richard Wagner. I hope things will work out so that Tiger and his wife makeup. In regards to the Masters, it would be very nice if Couples could win

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Sumnernor

I don't understand your problem with my statement. If this was a, for example, a british web site, I might have said England. My point was not meant to be a negative comment on the US. I wanted to say, that I am sure that in a large country such as the US, there are many "incidents" that don't go beyond the local news because the people envolved are not famous such as Tiger. This could happen anyplace in the world (perhaps not in Iran). "Incidents" might also include gun-shooting . My parents also had problems but I don't think you read about that. I am relative certain that many marriage problems don't make the headlines nationally. I asked a friend if he ever had arguments with his wife and he laughed. I am also believe that many marriage problems are due to both of the spouses.

I think that Tiger was stupid to let this happen. We really don't know both sides of the issue. I am in agreement with post 20 by "WillG". I hope things will work out so that Tiger and his wife makeup. In regards to the Masters, it would be very nice if Couples could win

I didn't understand the point you were trying to make so I asked for clarification. It that's having a problem then so be it. Also, since Tiger Woods might be the most famous athlete in the world and is on his way to being the richest, the coverage of his marriage problems can't be equated to average folks dealing with the same type of issues. Furthermore, when you're a money making machine that promotes buying certain products, you're under a lot more scrutiny because you're basically a salesman for those companies selling their products.

Crawdaddy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yay for Lefty! He basically won it with his ridiculous second shot on the 13th hole, that was just a bold play.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Yay for Lefty! He basically won it with his ridiculous second shot on the 13th hole, that was just a bold play.

No, he won it because he didn't make any bogeys while making 5 birdies today. The same can't be said about the other top finishers on the leaderboard. Just too many mistakes on their part.

Crawdaddy

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Considering that he missed the ensuing eagle putt, I doubt this was the reason for his win. As Robert said, Mickelson won because he did not make any mistakes that cost him bogeys.

That was an amazing shot on 13, but it was also a huge gamble. A few yards shorter (which was very possible out of the trees and pine straw), and that shot is in the creek and Mickelson probably loses the tournament. I'm not sure the risk was worth it, although Lefty pulled it off this time.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
In many respects Mickelson winning was the worst possible outcome for team Tiger and the image rehab project.
Here you have a person who has been lauded for being there for his wife while she has fought cancer and she in turn gets out of bed to support her husband on the final day of competition.
The white hat good guy triumphed while the black hat cad faltered.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Did anyone else happen to watch any of the Masters coverage on a 4:3 display? Our upstairs TV is an "ancient" 32" CRT set (SD, no less ), and this was the first time that I had noticed a major sporting event NOT making sure that all onscreen graphics were 4:3 safe!

For the entire weekend, any time the current player's score was displayed at the top of the screen, the actual strokes relative to par was mostly cropped. All I could make out was "+" or "-".

I suppose we all knew this day would come, and it should probably come as no surprise that an organization like the Master's would "throw down the gauntlet" so to speak.

Man, the wife is going to HATE having to say goodbye to her cherished "entertainment center" that is in NO way appropriate to house a widescreen flat panel display...

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

In many respects Mickelson winning was the worst possible outcome for team Tiger and the image rehab project.
Here you have a person who has been lauded for being there for his wife while she has fought cancer and she in turn gets out of bed to support her husband on the final day of competition.
The white hat good guy triumphed while the black hat cad faltered.
I don't know if it had any effect on his image rehab project.

It probably would have been worse had he actually won with a noticeably absent family.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

This Masters surely represent a moral victory for many people. My wife was definately rooting for Mickelson.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Jason Charlton ), and this was the first time that I had noticed a major sporting event NOT making sure that all onscreen graphics were 4:3 safe!

I watched the last hour or so on a 4:3 display in a restaurant and all the graphics appeared fine.

Must have been something local caused by the way your cable/satellite company was processing the feed.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by nolesrule

It probably would have been worse had he actually won with a noticeably absent family.

Hardly

Winning would have given him the chance to use some sort of canned contrite statement about how even though winning is nice he realizes how much more important to him family is and that he is going to continue to work on his personal short comings so he can become the husband and father his family deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks