What's new

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (2015) (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I enjoyed The Man from Uncle but it could have been a lot better. Guy Ritchie fumbled the ball thinking that the audience for this film were bored with action and so he would cut away to another scene whenever the opportunity arose for some lively action or fight scenes. He thought the camera lingering on the scenery and the faces of his handsome cast was enough to carry the film and spread word of mouth, looks like he was wrong.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Finally got around to seeing this and I really liked it. Loved the title sequences and the soundtrack too. It's a shame it's not doing better. It's a lot of fun and I'd like to go back to this world. Guy Ritchie is definitely not one of my favorite directors, but his style works very well with this material---much better than with his Sherlock Holmes movies. It also seemed to me that he was more restrained and mature as a director.

Cavill can act!? Who knew? ;-) I really liked him as Solo and despite reading some complaints about Hammer, I thought he was solid in the role as it was written.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Saw this again last night (on blu-ray) and enjoyed it very much again. When I commented to my wife that it was fun and was what every James Bond movie for the last 30 years needed, she said "well, as good as some of the Daniel Craig movies are, they're not fun." I was forced to agree. Still hoping we see a sequel to the Guy Ritchie film.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Saw this again last night (on blu-Ray) and enjoyed it very much again. When I commented to my wife that it was fun and was what every James Bond movie for the last 30 years needed,she said "well, as good as some of theDaniel Craig movies are, they're not fun." I was forced to agree. Still hoping we see a sequel to the Guy Ritchie film.

+1

It will be interesting to see is cast as bond when Daniel leaves and what direction they take with the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks