What's new

THE LUCY SHOW 6th and Final Season (1 Viewer)

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lucy-Season-6/17276
October 9 another classic series finally complete on DVD! This means Here's Lucy S6 won't be far behind.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So... odds on Paramount or Shout releasing Life With Lucy?
If there was enough of a base to get both The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy fully released, I can't imagine that most of those customers (of which I am one) wouldn't pick up the single Life With Lucy release for completeness' sake.

skees53

Agent
Real Name
David
I don't think it is necessarily clear that Paramount can even release it. I don't think it is theirs (although it could be since it was an Aaron Spelling series, and some, though not all, of those have gone over to Paramount), but I do know that it was distributed by Warner for TV (including the very rare appearances it has made after the original run, such as the single episode Nick at Nite aired back in the 90s). But who knows, even that may be wrong... maybe it belongs to Desilu Too like Here's Lucy does, which would likely throw it into the hands of MPI. If anybody knows for sure who could release this, that would be helpful info... but I'm pretty sure that it isn't Paramount (I kind of lean towards Warner, but of course, Warner distributed Here's Lucy for TV, and they certainly had nothing to do with the DVD rights).

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
skees53 said:
I don't think it is necessarily clear that Paramount can even release it. I don't think it is theirs (although it could be since it was an Aaron Spelling series, and some, though not all, of those have gone over to Paramount), but I do know that it was distributed by Warner for TV (including the very rare appearances it has made after the original run, such as the single episode Nick at Nite aired back in the 90s). But who knows, even that may be wrong... maybe it belongs to Desilu Too like Here's Lucy does, which would likely throw it into the hands of MPI. If anybody knows for sure who could release this, that would be helpful info... but I'm pretty sure that it isn't Paramount (I kind of lean towards Warner, but of course, Warner distributed Here's Lucy for TV, and they certainly had nothing to do with the DVD rights).
Yeah, the show itself says it's a Aaron Spelling/Lucille Ball Procuctions show, so that could put it with either Paramount and most of Spelling's other stuff, or Desilu Too.
If Life... is anything like Here's Lucy, WB only has the syndication rights, not the home video rights.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Was this set released with the cardboard slipcase cover over the actual DVD package, like the previous five seasons? The only one I've seen on a store shelf did not have that cover. I'd be really disappointed if Paramount got cheap at the end and didn't keep the packaging consistent over every season.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by DaveHof /t/322539/the-lucy-show-6th-and-final-season#post_3997198
Was this set released with the cardboard slipcase cover over the actual DVD package, like the previous five seasons? The only one I've seen on a store shelf did not have that cover. I'd be really disappointed if Paramount got cheap at the end and didn't keep the packaging consistent over every season.

Yes, mine has the slip cover.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
These were all made with the slipcovers. Perhaps that particular one was damaged in shipping, etc. so the retailer simply discarded it. There's a small-chain record store where I get most of my DVDs and I noticed they removed and tossed the slipcovers on the two Peyton Place sets they had on the shelf because they were looking very shopworn and unappealing to potential buyers who may not even realize they came with those in the first place.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Thanks for the responses! I'm glad now I didn't buy that one!

Speaking of slipcovers, does anyone know an online store that sells them? I'm missing the slipcover for "Star Trek The Original Series Season 3." I wouldn't bother, but the other two seasons have them. I looked on ebay, but no one has one up yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks