What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The multi-year project by ClassicFlix to bring all eighty of the Hal Roach/Our Gang sound shorts (covering the years 1929-1938) to Blu-ray fully restored to near-pristine condition has culminated in The Little Rascals: The Complete Collection – Centennial Edition.

Our Gang Follies of 1938 (1937)

Released: 18 Dec 1937
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 21 min

Director: Gordon Douglas
Genre: Comedy, Family, Musical

Cast: Our Gang, George 'Spanky' McFarland, Carl 'Alfalfa' Switzer
Writer(s): Jack Jevne

Plot: The gang is putting on a show with Alfalfa billed as "King of the Crooners." But Alfalfa abandons the show saying his crooning days are over, and that opera is his true calling. But after taking a nap and dreaming of a successful fut

IMDB rating: 7.2
MetaScore: N/A...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
The ClassicFlix Restorations were a revelation, indeed. Now, if the company could get on board with some other major overhauls of Public Domain catalog like Topper, we'd really have some heady times ahead of us.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Topper and the two sequels look the best they have in years as does One Million BC Captain Fury too problem is the Roach Library is owned by numerous parties = ClassicFlix stunning work on the Roach Projects are TOPS but they are all from the same rights holders Laurel and Hardy are with a different firm I wish they do them but nope - VCI has the Toppers and they look the best they have in years but a major redo might not even be possible? I am just thrilled the Rascals look stunning and we are seeing Charley Chase, Thelma Todd Zasu Pitts etc!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Mine too.
Mine 3!
1667932661221.png
:D!

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I got my bonus disc order a couple days ago, but it arrived with the spine of the bonus disc torn, ripped through the plastic and the paper. Disc itself is fine.

I'm not understanding how the whole series fits into the empty Complete Collection empty box, though. There are only four nubs to hold the discs in the box I received. Did I get a defective box?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I got my bonus disc order a couple days ago, but it arrived with the spine of the bonus disc torn, ripped through the plastic and the paper. Disc itself is fine.

I'm not understanding how the whole series fits into the empty Complete Collection empty box, though. There are only four nubs to hold the discs in the box I received. Did I get a defective box?
I think it's been discussed in a different thread, but I believe some of the hubs are intended to accommodate two discs stacked on top of each other.

I received mine, but haven't yet opened it to check it out. My order was mostly for the bonus disc. I'll probably not be using the empty box and will just leave my six volumes in their individual cases.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Yeah, I saw on another website that they tried to get 7-disc cases and couldn't, and that each spindle will hold two discs in the Complete Collection case.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

The "top" two spindles (one on each side) are for stacking 2 discs each... They couldn't get 7 disc cases so used the 6 disc one from the official "Complete Collection" release and put the bonus disc in its own, separate, case (which is thicker than and doesn't match the cases the individual releases came in).

I'm quite disappointed with the 6 disc case. See details/images in my post here:

I found that my 6 disc case has a 1/4" tear/rip on the bottom of a spine edge effecting both the case and paper - and was packaged that way as the plastic shrink holding the 2 items together was completely intact. Don't know if I'll complain as I really don't plan to use that crappy case anyway - I'm looking at purchasing a proper 7 disc case instead.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I found that my 6 disc case has a 1/4" tear/rip on the bottom of a spine edge effecting both the case and paper - and was packaged that way as the plastic shrink holding the 2 items together was completely intact. Don't know if I'll complain as I really don't plan to use that crappy case anyway - I'm looking at purchasing a proper 7 disc case instead.

Let us know how that goes searching for a replacement boxset case. I could certainly be interested in such myself... though I'm really tempted to just (re)buy the whole set instead since I otherwise still need the out-of-stock-til-whenever Vol 6 to complete the set...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks