What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The grand and glorious era of the Hal Roach/Our Gang comedies comes to a satisfying and enjoyable end with The Little Rascals: The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 6 bringing the last twenty-three shorts supervised by the master to Blu-ray disc.

Our Gang Follies of 1938 (1937)

Released: 18 Dec 1937
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 21 min

Director: Gordon Douglas
Genre: Comedy, Family, Musical

Cast: Our Gang, George 'Spanky' McFarland, Carl 'Alfalfa' Switzer
Writer(s): Jack Jevne

Plot: The gang is putting on a show with Alfalfa billed as "King of the Crooners." But Alfalfa abandons the show saying his crooning days are over, and that opera is his true calling. But after taking a nap and dreaming of a successful fut

IMDB rating: 7.2
MetaScore: N/A

Disc...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I got my Vol.6 today ! :D :banana::dancing-banana-04: Now the collection is complete ! ;) Thank You David and ClassicFlix. :) Now for ..........Jack and the Beanstalk ! :D
aaaaaaa rascals v6.jpg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I received my copy yesterday. I was just going to watch a little bit to see how good it was but I ended up watching the entire disc. I have had several of the shorts on Blackhawk 8mm sound film, VHS, Laserdisc, and DVD. Never have these titles looked as good and sounded as good as this Blu-ray. Kudos to ClassicFlix for this outstanding release and for the the other volumes previous.

A job well done and appreciated.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Yep, I've got 'em all now. They blow away any previous editions. Just unbelievable what they've accomplished here. I wish ClassicFlix could restore every black and white film.
Thank you for supporting these releases! Glad you can see we put our heart and soul into these (and A LOT of cash)!

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Club Spanky was the dream of a lot of arts-minded kids when we were growing up. It's never lost its allure for me throughout my entire life (hence, a whole paragraph of the review dedicated to it).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks