What's new

The latest on Conan, Leno and NBC (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The Late Show logo showed at the end of the bit; that's pretty clear what they were advertising.

Very little humor works without context (guy slipping on a banana?)

It's not that they don't like each other. You've got the recent Dave/Jay stuff obviously. Jay was just on Oprah, about the whole deal. For years now, Dave has made a big deal about how much he likes Oprah and she's the most powerful person is show biz, but Oprah won't have him on her show; all an act of course. There was how he pitched to be on her show or vice versa, then it because a "feud", and then when she finally came on, they made a big deal. All in fun.

Then there's the fact that the last time CBS had the Superbowl, he did a bit with Oprah, playing on all that. So they built on it with Jay, with Oprah "mediating", including Dave doing his Jay impression. What are you going to do in 15 seconds?

So it definitely worked as an ad. It's what people are talking about. And some of them even thought it was funny, to various degrees.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
dissention/lack of satisfaction in the ranks????

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Jay Leno’s longtime bandleader, Kevin Eubanks, may not play very long once the Leno troupe returns to “The Tonight Show.” NBC said Tuesday that Eubanks has expressed interest in personal touring and recording. The network says he will be part of the show when it reoccupies late night March 1, but his continued involvement is uncertain.

The 52-year-old Eubanks, whose duties include comic sideman to Leno as well as guitarist, has been a fixture since Leno took the reins of “The Tonight Show” in 1992. He became musical director when Branford Marsalis left in 1995.

Eubanks was also part of “The Jay Leno Show,” the NBC prime-time show that just ended.

Leno is returning as “Tonight Show” host, a job he held for 17 years until giving it up to Conan O’Brien last May.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=458666&GT1=28103

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't been watching the Olympics all that much...but I just saw a promo for Jay's return to The Tonight Show.

I was surprised that they licensed The Beatle's song "Get Back" to promote the return.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The only thing I'm really interested in is what will his set look like?

Does anyone know if the Tonight Show is returning to NBC's Burbank studios?

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I'm wondering whether Jay will either "borrow", or in some way pay homage to Jack Paar's famous line when he returned after the "water closet" incident:

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted ...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I saw enough of the Olympians during the Olympics. I'm unofficially boycotting Leno, which really means I'm watching him at the same level I always did. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dave B Ferris Now you got me that much curiouser to watch the open of his show. Personally, I think that would be a tough idea to top.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I flipped back and forth and stayed with Letterman. I don't watch Leno, but was curious. I only watched long enough to see what the set looked like. Looks like the same set for his 10:00pm show. But I didn't stay long enough to see if it was modified.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Not quite sure the purpose of your latest post, is it to show there is no interest in the show since Coco left?

This really isn't a Tonight Show with Jay Leno thread so there is no reason to post about his show in this thread. Besides the responses from the Coconites would be so predictable why bother.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, must have confused all the threads. I saw Leno in the title so I thoght it was discussed here.

I only meant to say I watched the new Tonight Show to see how it looked now with Leno back. Excuse my mistake.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Originally Posted by Nelson Au ">[/url]

I flipped back and forth and stayed with Letterman. I don't watch Leno, but was curious. I only watched long enough to see what the set looked like. Looks like the same set for his 10:00pm show. But I didn't stay long enough to see if it was modified.[/QUOTE]There was definitely a change in the set. Jay used to enter the stage through glass sliding doors, now the doors are gone and the frame of the entrance looks like it was updated with a wooden look.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]Patrick_S[/b] [url=/forum/thread/296775/the-latest-on-conan-leno-and-nbc/510#post_3666078]

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Sorry about the confusion there Nelson, we were obviously typing at the same time. My comment was directed to the post above yours, I should of made that clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks