What's new

The Last Wagon (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Released along with The Proud Ones, These Thousand Hills, & Yellow Sky I would rate this as the best of the bunch along with Yellow Sky. I enjoyed all of them but Last Wagon had a fast paced storyline with another great performance by Richard Widmark. And along with that it has some of the most incredible scenery that is used beautifully within the Cinemascope framework. If you have been considering this dvd just go ahead and buy it. The colors are great and the transfer is very good - I made the mistake of watching it on a 19" computer monitor so I will definitely view it soon on a front projector. Can't believe it took this long to get it out on dvd. But that is probably a good thing in the sense that the Studios' ability to create better transfers is appreciated - and their priced cheaper too.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Great to hear, I have it on pre-order. If Fox keeps releasing these pre-1960 CinemaScope films, then I'll keep on blind buying all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks