What's new

"The Last Seduction" ? 16:9 in the works (1 Viewer)

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
The title really says it all. What is the OAR for this movie? I know that the current DVD is 4:3, and I know it was originally shown on HBO, which shows everything P&S, and which is why it didn't qualify for the Academy Awards. Is that the OAR? Is there another disc in the offing for this film? I have only seen it once, on HBO, and I am wondering if it is worth trying to find or waiting for something to happen with a new edition.

TIA

SMK

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
The film was shot open-matte in a 4:3 ratio, although the director would have intended it to be shown in theatres in a matted 1.85 ratio.

Artisan have been notoriously lazy about putting out their back-catalog films on DVD in the correct OAR. They messed up the DVD release of "The Long Walk Home" in this way, and that film was shot in a 1.85 ratio in the camera, so there was absolutely no excuse for not releasing it in the correct ratio on DVD. They just appear not to care about these things.

With "The Last Seduction", even though the DVD is not anamorphically enhanced, at least if you have a wide-screen TV, you can use the mode that zooms into the image and watch the film in more or less the correct ratio.

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
Thanks for the information. That's what I will plan to do.

SMK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks