What's new

The Larry Blamire Teatment...and the Skeletons in his closet!! (2 Viewers)

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
No worries I love what you do and so do many others here and beyond. Do you think you'll ever take another swing at fleshing out the 3rd installment to the Lost Skeleton Saga, The Lost Skeleton Walks Among Us? You had me at your Poster, but I didn't hear about the Go fund Me project until way after it closed!!
I know you have a lot on your plate, but please let me know?

Find us the money and we'll do it!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
For anyone that loved the classic low budget cheese fests of the Atomic Age cinema, can readlily appreciate the humor of filmaker Larry Blamire. Once exposed to the first film "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavera" you can never go back. Done on a shoe string buget but with a fun cast, with veterans from many improve groups and the writing skills from Larry and his love of the films peviously mentioned, he mindcrafted this for himself and for the fans that he gained by this production. Growing to cult status via the word of mouth and the Sci-Fi move grapevine it was soon available on dvd. Stll no BD yet!!

It was follwed by "The Lost Skeleton Returns...Again" expanding the universe of all things Skeleton. Although exporing other film storylines, it seems hel, and others were lookiing to complete the Skeleton Trilogy with the final film "The Lost Skeleton Walks Among Us" back in 2014. Although an attempt was made to raise funds via Kickstrter, it appears the funds seemed to have dried up half way through the drive, just before the pandemic.

I have tried to contact Larry to discover the possibilites of keeping the project alive through alturnate sources, we'll see.
I know that Blamire and his creative team have gone into other projects since then, Blogs, comix, Radio Series and a large presence on Youtube.
I would love to see his vision for the last of the Lost Skeleton of Casdvera films see the light of day...for him and us, the ones that get such a kick out of his "tougue in cheek" humor and the obvious love that he shares with us on all things Classic Sci-Fi!!!

I conversed with Larry several times over at CHFB, and with regards to the first LOST SKELETON, which Sony owns, he said that, basically, he wants it out, too, and cannot say it will never happen. That was over a year ago. These things take time, but I would guess he's working on it.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I gave conversed with Larry several times over at CHFB, and with regards to the first LOST SKELETON, which Sony owns, he said that, basically, he wants it out, too, and cannot say it will never happen. That was over a year ago. These things take time, but I would guess he's working on it.
Really, I started this thread to let Larry and others know that he is valued and has super funs of the LSOC series. That he has people in place to help push the project ahead. I know he has his hands full with other projects and must prioritize, and i love the various Youtube mini-series he and his team have produced. And I know he has a cadre of field hardened imprvo/actors that have show the love that theu=y have for what Larry does!!
But, building on the popularity of the first 2 Skeleton features has built the audience for this 3rd installment of TLSOCWA....I ask him to try crowd funding one more time and see what happens?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 21

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I remember seeing The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra at the Landmark Midtown Art theater here in Atlanta with a friend, and boy, did we have a great time. We still talk about it all the time. I met Mr. Blamire at a Monsterama con a few years ago (great little Atlanta con for monster fans), and he couldn't have been nicer or more enthusiastic. The range of his talents is truly awe-inspiring. He has an active Facebook page well worth following. Lots of great posts, varying from kooky-surreal to serious, with very enjoyable follow-up conversations in the comments.
Just in case folks want to know -
larry.blamire

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Really, I started this thread to let Larry and others know that he is valued and has super funs of the LSOC series. That he has people in place to help push the project ahead. I know he has his hands full with other projects and must prioritize, and i love the various Youtube mini-series he and his team have produced. And I know he has a cadre of field hardened imprvo/actors that have show the love that theu=y have for what Larry does!!
But, building on the popularity of the first 2 Skeleton features has built the audience for this 3rd installment of TLSOCWA....I ask him to try crowd funding one more time and see what happens?

Obviously costs have risen exponentially when i.t comes to producing a motion-picture from scratch. I don't know if Larry was hoping to make this third installment using film, or digital. But I am wondering if perhaps he set his goal amount a bit too high...might have scared people off, whereas seeing great progress toward the end game is further incentive to donate more. Maybe I'm wrong. But what if he were to parcel the production costs into smaller crowd-funders? At least, get something done to show distributors. Sony saw the first film and came to him to finance it.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Obviously costs have risen exponentially when i.t comes to producing a motion-picture from scratch. I don't know if Larry was hoping to make this third installment using film, or digital. But I am wondering if perhaps he set his goal amount a bit too high...might have scared people off, whereas seeing great progress toward the end game is further incentive to donate more. Maybe I'm wrong. But what if he were to parcel the production costs into smaller crowd-funders? At least, get something done to show distributors. Sony saw the first film and came to him to finance it.
Kind of like eatiing Godzilla, a small peice at a time...maybe? Although I don't pocess a barrel of cash, I do posess a certain skill set for promotion and sales. I believe in this project and so do many others that would love to see Larry's vision for "The Lost Skeleton Walks Among Us" fleshed out, so to speak!!
Your idea make sense on many levels, have you approached Mr B on this? I would...It can't hurt to try, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks