What's new

The Larry Blamire Teatment...and the Skeletons in his closet!! (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
For anyone that loved the classic low budget cheese fests of the Atomic Age cinema, can readlily appreciate the humor of filmaker Larry Blamire. Once exposed to the first film "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavera" you can never go back. Done on a shoe string buget but with a fun cast, with veterans from many improve groups and the writing skills from Larry and his love of the films peviously mentioned, he mindcrafted this for himself and for the fans that he gained by this production. Growing to cult status via the word of mouth and the Sci-Fi move grapevine it was soon available on dvd. Stll no BD yet!!

It was follwed by "The Lost Skeleton Returns...Again" expanding the universe of all things Skeleton. Although exporing other film storylines, it seems hel, and others were lookiing to complete the Skeleton Trilogy with the final film "The Lost Skeleton Walks Among Us" back in 2014. Although an attempt was made to raise funds via Kickstrter, it appears the funds seemed to have dried up half way through the drive, just before the pandemic.

I have tried to contact Larry to discover the possibilites of keeping the project alive through alturnate sources, we'll see.
I know that Blamire and his creative team have gone into other projects since then, Blogs, comix, Radio Series and a large presence on Youtube.
I would love to see his vision for the last of the Lost Skeleton of Casdvera films see the light of day...for him and us, the ones that get such a kick out of his "tougue in cheek" humor and the obvious love that he shares with us on all things Classic Sci-Fi!!!

Attachments

• 91TMrd3YhKL._SL1500_.jpg
    91TMrd3YhKL._SL1500_.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 21
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23
  • LS3_key_art2_flat.jpg
    LS3_key_art2_flat.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 23

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I remember seeing The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra at the Landmark Midtown Art theater here in Atlanta with a friend, and boy, did we have a great time. We still talk about it all the time. I met Mr. Blamire at a Monsterama con a few years ago (great little Atlanta con for monster fans), and he couldn't have been nicer or more enthusiastic. The range of his talents is truly awe-inspiring. He has an active Facebook page well worth following. Lots of great posts, varying from kooky-surreal to serious, with very enjoyable follow-up conversations in the comments.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Larry is a regular partricipant on Classic Horror Film Boards. He was responsible for a kickstarter over there than funded Blu-rays of TRAIL OF THE SCREAMING FOREHEAD. I have been back and forth with him several times about the possibility of a belated release of the original LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA. Apparently, Sony has been quite tight-fisted about licensing it, and don't seem in any rush to release it themselves. Shame. But he keeps trying. Also out on Blu-ray, and I feel is as just as funny as SKELETON, is Blamire's DARK AND STORMY NIGHT. There is clearly a demented sense of humor behind these films, but if you get the joke, you'll be in stiches. People who don't get the joke might also not be entertained by MST3K.

And never forget the name...Gunny Gunny Luck Cakes!

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I remember seeing The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra at the Landmark Midtown Art theater here in Atlanta with a friend, and boy, did we have a great time. We still talk about it all the time. I met Mr. Blamire at a Monsterama con a few years ago (great little Atlanta con for monster fans), and he couldn't have been nicer or more enthusiastic. The range of his talents is truly awe-inspiring. He has an active Facebook page well worth following. Lots of great posts, varying from kooky-surreal to serious, with very enjoyable follow-up conversations in the comments.
I love his sence of humor...I have all the Lost Skeleton and The Screamimg Forehread movies. I fell upon the Walks Among Us proposed 3rd film, I didn't know it was in the works? Only to find that the project stalled just prior to the pandemic.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Larry is a regular partricipant on Classic Horror Film Boards. He was responsible for a kickstarter over there than funded Blu-rays of TRAIL OF THE SCREAMING FOREHEAD. I have been back and forth with him several times about the possibility of a belated release of the original LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA. Apparently, Sony has been quite tight-fisted about licensing it, and don't seem in any rush to release it themselves. Shame. But he keeps trying. Also out on Blu-ray, and I feel is as just as funny as SKELETON, is Blamire's DARK AND STORMY NIGHT. There is clearly a demented sense of humor behind these films, but if you get the joke, you'll be in stiches. People who don't get the joke might also not be entertained by MST3K.

I'm sure that if Larry had know of the future success of the first Lost Skeleton he would have heldon to it!!! Parody and Irony, with a liberal shower of sight gags and word play abound in the LB treatment.Agreed, if you "get it"you have a much better tme of it!!!

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
The first lost skeleton is available on Vudu in HDX. It looks like an SD upscale, with a lot of aliasing and not much detail. The film itself is so funny, I can overlook the poor quality and still enjoy it. But it sure would be nice to have his films in a nice, quality HD presentation.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The first lost skeleton is available on Vudu in HDX. It looks like an SD upscale, with a lot of aliasing and not much detail. The film itself is so funny, I can overlook the poor quality and still enjoy it. But it sure would be nice to have his films in a nice, quality HD presentation.
The DVD is nice enough...but Sony's possessive nature has prevented LB from realeasing it on to BD.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Shades of MST3K -

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The Readers Digest version =

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
I'm afraid I'm 100% to blame for the original's absence on Blu-Ray. When I made the deal for Sony to acquire the film, I stupidly made it a perpetuity deal, thinking I would be at the studio a lot longer than I was. Since then, the rights went to Mill Creek as part of an enormous package deal, and they reissued it on DVD minus all the bonus features. I approached MC about returning the Blu rights to the film, and they demanded a sum that was several times the movie's entire budget! And needless to say they're in no hurry to do it themselves. So I'm afraid no Blu for the foreseeable future.

Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I've got Skeleton 2, Forehead and Dark and Stormy Night on blu ray. Have Skeleton on DVD and would love an upgrade, but was it even shot in HD? Wikipedia says it was shot on video. That tends to top out at, what, 540p or so? And with software I'm sure an algorithm could do some work on it and we could get something better than the current DVD, but even if you stress the limitations, people would whine about the quality.

(Speaking of improving video, I need to check out the MST3K stream from Friday. They were supposed to try to improve the picture quality of the Puma Man episode. Guessing they'll apply it to all of them eventually for their app/service.)

ETA: Well, never mind. I guess there are elements for a blu, haha.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'm afraid I'm 100% to blame for the original's absence on Blu-Ray. When I made the deal for Sony to acquire the film, I stupidly made it a perpetuity deal, thinking I would be at the studio a lot longer than I was. Since then, the rights went to Mill Creek as part of an enormous package deal, and they reissued it on DVD minus all the bonus features. I approached MC about returning the Blu rights to the film, and they demanded a sum that was several times the movie's entire budget! And needless to say they're in no hurry to do it themselves. So I'm afraid no Blu for the foreseeable future.

No worries, who could have known what a nerve it struck, once it got out in to the mainstream? Do you know if there is any updates on the Skeleton Walks Among Us project?
I knew nothiing of it until it was gone??

The last kickstarter I was involoved with was for the LSOC Lunch Box!!! And was thrilled to be part of that project!! I still think a matching thermos would have kicked it over the top, but I digress...Maybe ifand when the TSWAU is in the can, youmight be ableto reappoach Sony to negotiate for a Lost Skeleton Trilogy Steel Book "Into Eternity" Edition?!!
skeleton terrifying GIF

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

I was just thinking Mike, maybe you could do TLSOC: the Musical!!!! The idea came to me, after watching the new BD release of "The Return of Captain Incredable" the weridly Aussie created Sci-Fi Super Hero Musical, With Alan Arkin and Christopher Lee, with music from the same team that scored The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It might be the workaround we need?!!!

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
No worries, who could have known what a nerve it struck, once it got out in to the mainstream? Do you know if there is any updates on the Skeleton Walks Among Us project?
I knew nothiing of it until it was gone??

The last kickstarter I was involoved with was for the LSOC Lunch Box!!! And was thrilled to be part of that project!! I still think a matching thermos would have kicked it over the top, but I digress...Maybe ifand when the TSWAU is in the can, youmight be ableto reappoach Sony to negotiate for a Lost Skeleton Trilogy Steel Book "Into Eternity" Edition?!!
skeleton terrifying GIF
My current kitchen.
C06F0209-0B30-4F89-8948-92CF8DBB9EB3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks