What's new

The Kremlin Letter (1970) DVD (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Encouraging to hear an excellent widescreen transfer of one of my five most-wanted films is being broadcast. I only wish I could see it NOW.

I really WANT this film.
I'll BUY IT NOW if you release it ... Fox.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Every other source I've checked has the film at 120 minutes. I think Maltin's book is incorrect. But again a good transfer.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
THE KREMLIN LETTER is finally being delivered: ttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/homeentertainment/la-et-dvd-vintage-20101214,0,3289441.story

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Just a guess but I suspect that the announcement was made prematurely before Twilight Time and SAE were ready to actually put it into effect.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Originally Posted by Thomas T

Just a guess but I suspect that the announcement was made prematurely before Twilight Time and SAE were ready to actually put it into effect.

Or they're trying to locate the missing footage (see post 5).

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Here's the link:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14942/THE-KREMLIN-LETTER-1970-PRE-ORDER/

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A friend notified me that it was put up for presale today, but I'm glad you posted it here as well so that those who are interested can get it.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have pre-ordered this and will post again when it arrives. Looking forward to hearing reviews and finding out if the missing opera scene is on the dvd.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
No problem, Tom, I expect they will be shipping The Kremlin Letter shortly if not already as they did announce on the SAE facebook page the dvds had arrived and they would be shipping soon. In an odd turn of events that message is now gone but hopefully that is not an indication that there is a problem.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, SAE has posted again on Facebook about the launch of the Twilight Time DVD event and how The Kremlin Letter kicks things off...so, great news!

greylocke5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard G.
I received an email yesterday from SAE announcing The Kremlin Letter availability. It included added info regarding upcoming releases from their new DVD label, TWILIGHT TIME, to wit:

"The March 15th debut of The Kremlin Letter will be followed by a new release on the second Tuesday of each month, with a potential ramp-up of titles after a trial run. Currently on the schedule: director Richard Fleischer's cult favorite noir melodrama, Violent Saturday (1955); the aviation thriller, Fate Is the Hunter (1964); the romantic drama, Woman Obsessed (1959); and the legendary The Egyptian (1954), directed by Michael Curtiz, and starring Jean Simmons, Victor Mature, and Gene Tierney.
Each TWILIGHT TIME release will be a DVD (not a DVDr) properly pressed from a restored transfer. Each will be accompanied by a collectible 8-page booklet complete with original essay, stills, and poster art. And each TWILIGHT TIME DVD will offer, whenever possible, that extra most coveted by cinemusic enthusiasts: an isolated score. Upcoming highlights include stand-out music from exemplary composers: The Kremlin Letter by Robert Drasnin, Violent Saturday and Woman Obsessed by Hugo Friedhofer, Fate Is the Hunter by Jerry Goldsmith, and The Egyptian by no less than two giants, Bernard Herrmann and Alfred Newman.
TWILIGHT TIME will be focusing its initial efforts on bringing out heretofore unreleased-on-DVD films from the 1950s and 60s: what Redman calls "the Cinemascope period, those gorgeous widescreen entertainments that had it all-beauty, glamour, drama." But, he adds, "We will also be selectively tackling the earlier years-the 1930s and 40s-and sampling every genre, presenting, hopefully, something for everyone."

All this sounds great to me!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Thomas T

And what happened to the previously announced APRIL LOVE?

That was going to be my question as well. That and The Egyptian were the two I was most enthusiastic about!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks