What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Killer - Spectrum R3 DTS HK Contemporary Collection (1 Viewer)

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
I've been looking for a decent version of The Killer and I found this at koreandvds.com but haven't been able to find any info/reviews of it elsewhere. Supposedly it was released last August and the cover art displays the DTS logo.

Can anybody compare this to the Hong Kong Legends edition or report on the quality of it?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
This a port of the Hong Kong IVL/Fortune Star release of the Killer(which comes packaged with Bullet in the Head). The picture on the Hong Kong Legends release is better but I much prefer having the original mono soundtrack as an option and it is not on the Hong Kong Legends disc. On the 5.1 remix on the Hong Kong Legends as well as the remixes on the IVL there is different music used for at least one scene in comparison with the original mono. The IVL is region 0 I believe.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll have to pick this one up then.

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle, there have been reports that the Mono soundtrack is out of sync with the action at times. It was not apparent to me when I first popped in the disc but I have not watched it all the way through. I will give it a look in the next day or two.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
Hmmm...well we'll see then. I'm going to at least wait until I get paid next Friday to place the order. Thanks for the warning. I guess if it is out of sync at times I can just switch to the 5.1 track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks