What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Jeffersons: The Complete Series Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
B13cDXNCUAAjazO.jpg

Got my copy in the mail just a few seconds ago…yes!!

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Nice Pic I was wondering how thick the overal case would be I assumed it would be similer to the Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman case. :)

I really want one early badly but I am gonna have to wait for the normal release date thru amazon. I can't wait.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Powell&Pressburger said:
Also the Pilot for E/R with Elliot Gould! That sounds like a cool bonus.List of Bonus features so farMovin' On Up – The Jeffersons featuretteChecking In – Marla Gibbs' 4-episode spinoff seriesE/R Pilot – the 1984 TV series E/R, starring Elliott Gould and featuring Sherman Hensley guest-starring as George JeffersonAnd more!

I was on Shout's site today and noticed that now the bonus features section for this set lists that only one episode of Checking In is included, not all 4. I wonder what happened. Another case of Shout initially claiming they had access to something when they really didn't?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
classictvfan40 said:
(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){var d=b.length;if(0=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/ngx_pagespeed_beacon','http://www.hometheaterforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=333506&p=4165438&md5check=0e37575db841eb3f7696fa142bbbffe9&isRte=1,gAGkv61Udl,true,false,44m64QrFAUo');
B13cDXNCUAAjazO.jpg
&&0){for(var>

Got my copy in the mail just a few seconds ago…yes!!
As you got your Jeffersons full-release purchase early (as I did with my purchase of No. 3 of Hart), something I'd like to know on it: what does/do the menu(s) look like?

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
bmasters9 said:
As you got your Jeffersons full-release purchase early (as I did with my purchase of No. 3 of Hart), something I'd like to know on it: what does/do the menu(s) look like?
B3FTgr-CQAAj9NN.jpg

This is the main menu and music starts playing..on the top what looks like upside down U's move across the screen…when you click episodes you get this screen…...

B3FTfm8CMAARTxs.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
classictvfan40 said:
B3FTgr-CQAAj9NN.jpg

This is the main menu and music starts playing..on the top what looks like upside down U's move across the screen…when you click episodes you get this screen…...

B3FTfm8CMAARTxs.jpg
That's exactly what I wanted to see! Thank you. I may sometime in the future purchase this. Not only does the packaging look good, but so do the menus. I like the simulated skyline on the bottom of the main menu, and the zigzags on the episode menu, as well as the upside-down Us on both.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
So does anyone have a definate answer to this question: Did the set include ALL episodes of 'Checkin In' or just one episode??

The early Archie Bunker appearances and the 'Checkin In' episodes would be the main reason I would buy this set. THE JEFFERSONS, for me, was okay but not great.

lj01

Agent
Real Name
Lyle
Just one episode of Checking In, which i think is the third, entitled "Whose Side Are You On?" or something like that.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
So Shout engaged in misleading promotion once again? Forget it then.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I have Seasons 1-6 which for me is the cream of the show's run. To double dip that much for five additional seasons that are weaker IMO for that much money required some significant bonuses to make it worth it. My understanding was the entire run would be there which I don't think was unreasonable to expect given the inclusion of a whole season of "Fish" in the "Barney Miller" set (which is one I think they did a great job with). For that price and finding out that it wasn't what it was billed is enough for me to pass until its available at the ultimate rock bottom rate.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Jack P said:
I have Seasons 1-6 which for me is the cream of the show's run. To double dip that much for five additional seasons that are weaker IMO for that much money required some significant bonuses to make it worth it. My understanding was the entire run would be there which I don't think was unreasonable to expect given the inclusion of a whole season of "Fish" in the "Barney Miller" set (which is one I think they did a great job with). For that price and finding out that it wasn't what it was billed is enough for me to pass until its available at the ultimate rock bottom rate.
True but it still comes out to about 30 dollars for the remaining 5 seasons if you buy the complete series and the previously released seasons have some edits that have been fixed on the new complete series. I am sure they will release the individual seasons…but for me that would be too long to wait considering what a great show this is.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And for someone like me who owns no seasons, I'm getting off at under 15 bucks a season at Amazon's current price. Much like AITF, there was a bit too much starting and stopping for me to invest in the Sony seasons. But now, the complete series in one shot is a great reason to buy.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
The Obsolete Man said:
So, you were hinging your purchase of a $150+ set on four episodes of an obscure spinoff?One that wasn't even mentioned in te official press release about the set, mind you.To each their own.
It may not have been mentioned in the press release, but I recall that it was originally listed on their site's page for the set in the list of bonus features. I only have the 1st 3 seasons from the original Sony releases, so I'll get this eventually when it turns up as an Amazon deal of the day. I had been willing to get it much sooner based on my interest in having both the E/R pilot and the rare full 4-episode spin-off. Now, I'm still interested, but it's become a lower priority.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
One more week! I wasn't able to get this one early from Shout but I have had it preordered from Amazon for months. can't wait to jump into this set. For those who already have it did you start from Season 1 or start up where Sony left off.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Powell&Pressburger said:
One more week! I wasn't able to get this one early from Shout but I have had it preordered from Amazon for months. can't wait to jump into this set.For those who already have it did you start from Season 1 or start up where Sony left off.
I started on Season 7. It has a lot of great episodes from Tom and George facing off in a marathon to the Hawaii episodes to Louise and George bringing home the wrong baby from a calendar contest.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Deepdiscount.com has lowered the price of the set to $150. I ordered it with a 15% off coupon code for a total of $127.50. I already sold my previous six season sets on ebay for a net total of $113, so my final cost on the new set was only $14.50. Not too shabby for the five seasons I needed and the bonus stuff...and a nice saving of space on the shelf, too!

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
MattHR said:
Deepdiscount.com has lowered the price of the set to $150. I ordered it with a 15% off coupon code for a total of $127.50. I already sold my previous six season sets on ebay for a net total of $113, so my final cost on the new set was only $14.50. Not too shabby for the five seasons I needed and the bonus stuff...and a nice saving of space on the shelf, too!
I don't care for Deepdiscount. They never delivered two orders I placed…after they messed up my second order I told them bye bye…they kept sending me coupons and I never used them. It was a nightmare with deep discount. They kept arguing with me that my dvd had been sent….and it never was sent. So I was out a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks