What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
The godson of the legendary Noël Coward, director Peter Collinson first broke into the entertainment industry in the 1960’s with the BBC and cut his teeth working in television. He made his feature film debut as a director with The Penthouse (1967) and followed up the surprise success of that movie with Up the Junction and The Long Day’s Dying (both 1968). However, his next movie would be the one that has secured his place in cult film lore, The Italian Job. Previously released on DVD in the US and on Blu-ray overseas by Paramount, Kino has licensed the rights for the movie’s UHD debut.

The Italian Job (1969)

Released: 03 Sep 1969
Rated: G
Runtime: 99 min

Director: Peter Collinson
Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime

Cast: Michael Caine, Noël Coward, Benny Hill
Writer(s): Troy Kennedy-Martin

Plot: A comic caper movie...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review of this 4K disc. Great review! Good to know the included blu ray is made from the new scan.

i have it based on the strength of RAH comments. I haven’t watched it yet, but I did look at the Blu ray included in the set. I only watched the credits sequence with the Lamborghini Miura. The reason is because the actual car was discovered in 2014 and authenticated as the original car. What struck me on the earlier blu ray is the color of the car. It’s original color is orange and remains so today. In the Blu ray its shifted towards red, not quite full-on red, but an orange red. So I’ll be checking the 4K too.

I was curious if the colors are simply a result of the film stock or how the color was processed. Perhaps the person doing the color grading didn’t know the car’s actual color.

I’ll be watching this disc soon though!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
One of the best endings to any film. I probably should pick this one up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
During a Target sale last month while using some Target GCs, I was able to order this 4K/UHD along with two other Kino 4K/UHD releases for less than $14.00 each. I need to watch this disc and maybe compare it to the Region B Blu-ray I bought over a decade ago.

markonesmile

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Now I know some 4K releases do sometimes darken the image to what we are used to, whether accurate or not. But I find this release massively darkens the image to the point we are losing so much shadow detail. A major disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks