Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss

The Greatest Showman Blu-ray Review
the_greatest_showman_4k_8k-wide-1024x640.jpg

The Greatest Showman is a simple story of rising against adversity and reaching to claim your rightful place in the world. It tells its story at a lightning-fast pace that jubilantly sweeps you up in the joy of the world and characters it shares. It’s a fantasy with just enough reality to work well, and with a collection of electric songs by Academy Award winners Benj Pasek & Justin Paul (La-La Land), some of which you’ll be humming for days (especially the infectious anthem, “This Is Me”), you can’t help but fall in love with this film.

[review]

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I love what Hugh Jackman did for Cassidy, the young bullied school girl on Facebook.
Before that, I was simply just a person who admired his talents;
but this gesture, alone, locks it in for me. Blessings to both.
BTW, Neil, I wholeheartedly agree with your review.:thumbs-up-smiley:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Once again?
Somebody?
What was the rationale behind "The Greatest Showman" being overlooked within its nominations by AMPAS?

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Today is my wife and I's 8th Anniversary and as a gift I got the soundtrack to this film (and Grease, which I recently watched again after MANY years in advance of interviewing Eddie Deezen). I will be spinning both of these today. It's going to be a good day :)

AnniversaryGift.png

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Seriously? - theses rave on here for this? I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt even with the Glee staged opening number but when Jenny Lind came out and struck a Taylor Swift pose and belted out drek I was pining for the Diva Plavalaguna to sing an actual aria! The real travesty here is that Side Show was not made ( same topic (freaks) but with a fantastic score) instead of this heavy handed, bang-me -with-a-hammer-political-correctness-poor-excuse of a musical.
I'm appalled.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Seriously? - theses rave on here for this? I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt even with the Glee staged opening number but when Jenny Lind came out and struck a Taylor Swift pose and belted out drek I was pining for the Diva Plavalaguna to sing an actual aria! The real travesty here is that Side Show was not made ( same topic (freaks) but with a fantastic score) instead of this heavy handed, bang-me -with-a-hammer-political-correctness-poor-excuse of a musical.
I'm appalled.
I guess that means you didn't like The Greatest Showman?;)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guess that means you didn't like The Greatest Showman?;)
I suspect the real reason is not so subtly hidden in the statement.

I'll point out that "Inspired by a True Story" is Hollywood code for "Some of the names are real and some of the story line vaguely resembles history." I just saw it last night. Is it great film? Eh, probably not. Did I find it immensely entertaining? Hells yeah. Will it knock off Fiddler on the Roof on the list of Musical greatness? No Way. Do I want to watch it again? You bet!

BTW, I gave up the concept of being appalled by what others perceive as great cinema when Forrest Gump and Crash won Best Picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks