What's new

The Game R2 (UK)...any good? (1 Viewer)

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Since I do little new DVD buying at the moment, I've decided to comb through my collection and replace anything non-anamorphic that remains (surprisingly little since the recent spate of SE releases of older titles). The Game sticks out like a sore thumb and is begging for a full-blown special edition. Since that doesn't seem in the offing, I've noted that here in the UK there's apparently an anamorphic release of the title (according to amazon.co.uk). Just wondering how this compares in quality to the LBX R1 release which is what I currently have. The image is pretty decent, but I'm sure an anamorphic release would have more detail.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I have the Region 2 for the same reason. I wanted an "anamorphic version".

The DVD picture on the Reg 2 is NOT great, but I have never owned another region for comparison.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
There is an R2J anamorphic version for $60. Someone on DVDTalk bought it last year. Never did get a good comment on the quality from them. I have the R4 Aussie dvd, it's ok. PAL speedup doesn't usually bother me, but on this disc it's very evident.

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator
I have the R2 version and from what I remember, it looks really good. I haven't watched it in a while so I have to go by memory. Still bad looking DVD's usually stick in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks