What's new

The Frigteners 3 disc set? (1 Viewer)

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Considereing the date - I have to say I'm skeptical, but I just found this info on theonering.net... anyone know anything?

By the way, if this is a April's fool joke, I don't find it funny at all.

Fantastic news! I should have posted this up the other day, but have been overloaded with work during the Easter holiday. Its happened. Universal have announced The Frighteners Collectors Edition DVD! We've even been able to locate the full box art and specifications, and it looks like it's going to be even better than the long sort after Laser Disc version.

It will be a 3-disk set, with the film being on the first disk, and the documentary being split over 2 disks. It is being released on 6/11/02 at a retail of $39.99

Extras:

Director's Cut including approximately 12 minutes of additional never-before-seen footage

Feature commentary with director Peter Jackson

The Making of The Frighteners, an original full-length (4 1/2 hours) documentary on the making of the film directed by Peter Jackson and featuring interviews with Michael J. Fox, Trini Alvarado, Dee Wallace Stone, Jake Busey, Jim Fyfe and Chi McBride.

Including:

Rehearsing

Storyboarding

Miniatures

Extensive exploration of the special effects motion control and bluescreens

Deleted scenes

Bloopers

Theatrical trailer

Case:

Custom Packaging

Video Formats:

2.35:1 Anamorphic

Audio Formats:

DTS 5.1 ES (English)

Dolby Digital 5.1 EX (English)

Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround (English)

Subtitles:

English

French

Julie K

Screenwriter
tbhl.theonering.net has a long history of April Fool's jokes.

I wish it were true, but until I see it elsewhere I'm not considering it to be anything but their normal hijinks this time of year.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
4 1/2 hour documentary? It's been quite a while since I've seen the film, but are all those "interviewed" even in the cast?
Sounds like a fool's joke to me. :)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Malcolm,

I can assure you that the 4-1/2 hour documentary exists. It's on the special edition LD that I own. It's truly a fantastic doumentary, and the Peter Jackson commentary and the extended cut of the film are equally astounding. If Universal were to ever port the LD it probably would take 3 discs.

BTW, there's a smilie by the date and headline on the site.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
I'm certain now that this is a wind up. And I have to say, I am disappointed.
I mean, I've been holding off on The Frighterners now for a long, long time, waiting for a release like the one dreamed up on that website. :frowning:
Oh well... I'll keep hoping...

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Two words:

April Fools!

The Signature Selection laserdisc did have The Making of The Frighteners(4 1/2 hours long, one hour devoted to the storyboards), the director's cut of the film(12 minutes longer), audio commentary with director Peter Jackson, deleted scenes, bloopers, and theatrical trailer.

If this does come to DVD...

The 4 1/2 hour documentary would either have to be on a DVD-14 or a DVD-9 & DVD-5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks