What's new

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.superherohype.com/news/captainamericanews.php?id=9243

At a WonderCon press roundtable for Sylvain White's The Losers, the elephant in the room was addressed and Chris Evans was asked why he wanted to play the role of Steve Rogers in Marvel's The First Avenger: Captain America. After all, Evans already has played another iconic Marvel comic character when he took on the role of Johnny Storm a.k.a The Human Torch in two "Fantastic Four" movies.At first, Evans was slightly hesitant at answering, knowing full well the question was coming, as would be expected when you're at a comic convention with lots of press interested in genre fare. After a bit of stammering, he finally said what interested him in playing another comic book role: "I think Marvel is doing a lot of good things right now, and it's a fun character. Even if it wasn't a comic book. I think the story of Steve Rogers is great. He's a great guy. Even if it was just a script about anybody, I would probably want to do it. So it wasn't necessarily about the comic itself. He's a great character. He's a great character to play. He just happens to be a comic book character."

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.earthsmightiest.com/fansites/captainamerica/news/?a=6790

Amidst the chaos that is production on any feature film, First Avenger: Captain America director Joe Johnston has taken a few minutes to answer a pair of questions on the casting of Steve Rogers/Captain America.
Interview conducted by & copyright 2010 Edward Gross

EARTHS MIGHTIEST: When you were going through the casting process, in your mind, what were you looking for? In other words, what qualities did the actor being cast as Captain America have to have?

JOE JOHNSTON: Casting Captain America is really casting two roles...Steve Rogers before and after the transformation from 98 pound weakling to perfect physical specimen. I can't divulge how we're going to do it, but the performance will be Chris Evans from beginning to end. An actor playing Captain America has to embody that backstory and let it inform his understanding of his new self. One of the interesting aspects of the character is the effect that kind of total transformation would have on the his psyche. It gives the character more dimension and the actor playing him a wider range of interesting choices.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"One of the interesting aspects of the character is the effect that kind of total transformation would have on the his psyche. It gives the character more dimension and the actor playing him a wider range of interesting choices. "

I like that he mentioned that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Atwell caught my eye when I first viewed a litttle film named "How about You". I think she is a very attractive actress and look forward to seeing her in more American films.

Crawdaddy

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9106
Q: You’ve talked about doing nine films as Nick Fury and that it would be a gradual road before you get a Nick Fury film. How has that journey been? Sam: I got started on it when I did the end of Iron Man 1. My foot was on the path. Now, my foot is a little deeper on the path 'cause we've got Iron Man 2. I'm not in Thor. I’m supposed to do Captain America this summer in London.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
more casting news at http://www.ugo.com/movies/tommy-lee-jones-in-captain-america

Who would TL Jones be portraying then ?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Two suggestions for Red Skull I liked were Mads Mikkelsen and Christoph Waltz.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There has been many online articles from the past couple of months in that direction, but not sure if he's still in the running.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/100892-toby-jones-to-play-arnim-zola-in-captain-america

Toby Jones (Infamous) is in final negotiations to play villainous scientist Arnim Zola in Marvel Studios' Captain America: The First Avenger, reports Heat Vision.

In the comics, "Zola was a genetic engineer who created clones and various monstrosities for Hitler. He also captured his own mental self, inserting it into a robot, and survived the war."

Captain America: The First Avenger will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I love Zola in the comics because, aside from his wild genetic experiments, he looks like a walking tv set with Zola's evil face on the screen at all times. I will be deeply disappointed if they don't get him in that form by the time he appears in the modern era.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yahoo had an ironic article about this film not being filmed in America, at all. The bulk of it will be filmed in London.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks