What's new

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
So I heard from a co-worker that said there is a rumored 1:30 trailer on the Harry Potter movie. I think this has to be false. It's a little early to have a full trailer and not a short teaser isn't it?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
No, it's been reported as being attached. A teaser a year out isn't a bad idea. This is the big dog of 2012, which is looking like a very big and very crowded year.

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
Isn't the new Superman movie supposed to be the 'Big Dog' ? Or what about the 'Hobbit' ? I'm looking forward to the new Batman flick but I wouldn't call it the Big Dog of 2012.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Vaughan Odendaal said:
Isn't the new Superman movie supposed to be the 'Big Dog' ? Or what about the 'Hobbit' ? I'm looking forward to the new Batman flick but I wouldn't call it the Big Dog of 2012.
I didn't really like The Dark Knight but since it was one of the biggest hits ever made, I'd assume that the third one is expected to be the biggest (or maybe second biggest) movie of 2012.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Most box office watchers feel that these five movies will be the top grossers of next year (i.e. the movies expected to earn more than $300 million domestically)...
#1 "The Dark Knight Rises"
#2 "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"
#3 "The Amazing Spider-Man"
#4 "The Avengers"
#5 "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part II"
It should also be noted that the general consensus is that both 'Dark Knight' and 'The Hobbit' will top the billion-dollar mark worldwide.
Concerning "Man of Steel", given the disappointing returns from the last Superman flick, many are taking a wait-and-see attitude with this one. Nolan being attached is definitely a good thing as many feel he'll keep Snyder focused on the story elements rather than getting lost in the visuals. On top of that, the movie has a helluva good cast, so it could very well end up being one of next year's bigger hits. Still, it's opening in a month (December) expected to be dominated by 'The Hobbit'.
At the end of the day, 'The Dark Knight' is the safe bet to be the top grossing summer flick, while 'The Hobbit' is expected to dominate the holiday season.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
don't forget the first teaser for dark knight was just the bat symbol crumbling with voice overs of alfred, batman and the joker and it was about a year out that it was released. it probably was about that length too after the wb logo and credit bumper

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk
So I heard from a co-worker that said there is a rumored 1:30 trailer on the Harry Potter movie. I think this has to be false. It's a little early to have a full trailer and not a short teaser isn't it?
The teaser is before HP

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by Vaughan Odendaal
You should also add the Star Trek sequel as one of the heavy hitters for next year. Looks like an exciting year.
If that one makes it out next year. Could be held off til 2013.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Adam Lenhardt said:
A pretty shoddy teaser, all in all. None of the pieces fit well, and the Gordon's dialog is pretty much incomprehensible.
I wouldn't say I was disappointed, they could do almost anything and it would get fans salivating. But it did rub me the wrong way, little things like calling it "the dark knight legend" bother me. "Legend" just isn't an appropriate description for this Batman. And they said it was "epic." Being epic is like being cool, and if you have to say you're cool you're not cool.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The teaser tells alot. I think its pretty great for a year out teaser.

The imagery matches Gordons dialgoue

"We were in this together, then you were gone. Now this evil rises. The Batman must come back"
"What if he doesnt exist anymore"
"He must... he must"

Batman disappeared, Gordon was forced to go it alone and in over his head got a lifethreatening injury (by Bane). In his absence the city is crumbling, Gordon pleads with Batman (Bruce Wayne in his preBatman skimask disguise) to come back, "He Must", we see Bane who is tearing the city apart - the batsignal is shown as a beacon/light of hope. Last shot shows a comeback Batman overcome by a seemingly impossible challenge(beaten stumbling backwards as his foe advances).

With the buildup of the music, I thought it was really good. Much better than TDK teaser. Still a year away and prob five months from one minute clips like we got with TDK.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
dpippel said:
The teaser looked fan-made to me. Very underwhelming.
Fan made?
Looks like a standard teaser to me, may be even more then a regular teaser.

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
I thought it did everything a teaser trailer should do, but did anyone notice in the shot of Batman stumbling backwards with Bane coming at him, that there's a person standing in the background? Upper right hand corner of the screen. Interesting shot to pick, or at least not digitally take the person out (even if they are supposed to be there in the actual film).

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
I find the fan trailers absolutely nauseating, and not one of them had me fooled for even a second. Some fan thinks, "hey, Batman 3 should be about the Riddler. Let's completely saturate this trailer with green, because that's the Riddler's color!" For one thing, that's been done in the abysmal "Batman Forever", and secondly, Nolan's not about to start making safe, obvious decisions.
I like the real teaser very much. It's pretty shocking to learn that Batman disappears at some point in the movie, to the extent that Wayne says that he doesn't exist anymore. At the end of The Dark Knight, the audience is assured that Batman can take being disliked by Gotham and hunted by the police. But now, we find out that something happens extreme enough to change that. I'm intrigued by what that might be.
And it's cool to see Batman staggering during a fight with Bane. We've seen him have close calls during physical confrontations with Ra's Al Ghul and the Joker, but in the brief glimpse we see of the Bane fight, it appears to be relatively fair, and Batman is having a very difficult time. That tells me that Bane is a physical threat to Batman like he's never encountered before.
Finally, the white color scheme is a bold choice. Not what I would have expected. It's a small thing, but it shows that Nolan is thinking out of the box, as he always does. I have confidence that he'll deliver something pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks