What's new

The Corrs Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the suggestions!

And remember, the Live in Dublin concert will be on tonight on VH1 at 9 p.m. EST!

Brian E

Screenwriter
Cool. I just caught the last 1/2 hour of their concert on VH1. Never heard these guys before. Guess I found another group to add to my list when I go CD shopping tomorrow. I liked what I heard tonight a lot.

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Live in Lindon kicked Ass! I want the dvd now! I had to change shirts last night due to the amount of drool while watching Andrea sing. She is so f'n hot!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My comments on the VH1 "Live In Dublin" show:
Well, that was GREAT!!!
They changed up the song order (from the CD), and VH1 couldn't fit "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" within the hour-long concert with the commercials.
The footage was a combo of the live performance in front of the crowd and the rehearsal beforehand. Some of the things said in the concert were actually rehearsal sayings (maybe to stitch all the segments together).
The guest spots with Ronnie Wood and Bono were pretty good, and you could tell they adored their guests and their performances.
All in all, a fun hour with The Corrs!
This concert will be shown again on March 17th at 1 p.m. EST on VH1 (if you missed it last night).

Today they did a couple of songs "Breathless" and "Would You Be Happier" on NBC's Today Show outside in New York City. They may do some more songs by the end of the show (but I don't know for sure).

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Pat, for the introduction to The Corrs. I watched and really enjoyed the show last night. That lead singer has a beautifully pure voice and, at the risk of seeming crass, is not too hard on the eyes. All the lilting brogues and traditional instruments made me long fer me ancestral home. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jack, glad you enjoyed your 1st taste of the Corrs. Andrea (the lead singer) is more than just a pretty face (though she has won her share of "most beautiful blah blah blah" polls) and after reading interviews with her (and her siblings) she is pretty well grounded and not at all caught up in the trappings of being a member of a music group which has sold over 25 million albums worldwide. Her siblings are also well grounded with a good strong work ethic, which is why I enjoy them as well.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Count me as a fan as well. I have been hooked since I first saw the video of "Breathless" while browsing through Radio Shack. While that song is very catchy, I also appreciate their other work as well. Since then I've been snatching up their music anytime I see it.
This is the first concert I've seen of them, and with the commercials I felt quite cheated as if I was missing a whole lot. Any chance this group might ever come to Atlanta? (Probably already missed them I bet.)
Guess I'm not alone in prefering female vocalists as well. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Corrs have done well in almost every country except for the US, so I have a feeling that if they feel their next album is really strong, they'll be touring the US come next year (their new album isn't slated for release until this fall if not later).
If they are anywhere close, I'm flying to see them. :)

Benny G

Second Unit
Can't leave me out of a Corrs thread!! :D
Currently have 7 Corrs posters on my walls, plus a bunch more that I don't have room for.
VH1's Live In Dublin (LID) will indeed be released on DVD, according to the band itself. They were on a radio show in NYC during their recent weeklong promotion, and someone asked the question.
Response (not exact quote): ok the answer yes deffinatly in the future we have plans to release it. ANd there will probably have extra things on it seeing as there were other songs that we recorded that night that didn't make the cd.
To read more about the NYC radio show: Link Removed
In yet other news, The Corrs finally have an OFFICIAL WEBSITE that will hopefully be updated once in a while: http://www.thecorrswebsite.com
Currently on the website is info on their recent promotional appearances, etc.
FINALLY, if anyone is interested in obtaining mpeg video clips, I have over 20 CDs full of them. (Shamefully, I haven't been collecting them for the past few months, so I don't have any that are too new.) If you're interested, email me at: [email protected] - note: I have a fast connection (MSN Messenger & ICQ), so sending via the net is no problem.
Once again: [email protected]

Sathyan

Second Unit
HAve/will any albums besides "In BLue" be released in DVD-A?

The Corrs are my favorite band. I have four albums (Forgiven Not Forgotten, Talk on Corners, Unplugged, and In Blue) and two concert DVDs (Royal Albert, London). I don't mind rebuying albums in a new format but I liked TOC and FNF much more than In Blue so would rather buy them on High-rez (TOC is my "desert island" album)

Sathyan

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
The DVD-A version of in blue is great. The surround mix is done very well and the sound quality is top notch. IT was the first disc i owend in that format and still one of my favorites!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I guess with the Corrs having David Foster behind them
As a keyboard player, I have always had an obsession with David Foster and everything he's been involved with.
That said, I like the Corrs, I maybe not be a HUGE fan, but their stuff is pretty great. In fact, the only DVD-A I have is a Corrs album so hopefully that qualifies me for this discussion :D
p.s. I also loved the movie "Quest for Camelot" and it's soundtrack.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was rather brave of the mixer for the In Blue DVD-A to leave Andrea's vocals solely in the center channel on 3 of the tracks.

Typically, this doesn't happen alot, does it?

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
I think a lot of 5.1 mixes put the singer's voice in the center channel and usually this is ok. The Corrs may be pop but they are great pop and more interesting then most american pop out. The DVD-A is great both in that it sounds incredible and the mix is pretty fun and keeping with the style of the music.

Curtis Lotter

Stunt Coordinator
It's hard to believe that the same little girl in "The Commitments" is now the lead singer for The Corrs.
Luis, Did she play one of Jimmy's younger sisters? I may be forced to watch my Pan&Scan version of the movie one more time just to check her out. (Trying to hold out for the widescreen release)

Another Corrs fan here and also a big Commitments fan.

Curt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks