What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Blacklist: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's a little dangerous for me to post in this thread, but I don't want to start another. I've started watching this on Nettiflix, through 17 episodes, and it's awesome. I don't want any spoilers, but I want to know if, by the fourth season, Red is still a murderous badass or if he's been neutered like a lot of antiheroes seem to be after a few seasons. As it stands, I'm sure I'm going to have to buy the fourth season rather than wait for it to hit Netflix in September. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's a little dangerous for me to post in this thread, but I don't want to start another. I've started watching this on Nettiflix, through 17 episodes, and it's awesome. I don't want any spoilers, but I want to know if, by the fourth season, Red is still a murderous badass or if he's been neutered like a lot of antiheroes seem to be after a few seasons. As it stands, I'm sure I'm going to have to buy the fourth season rather than wait for it to hit Netflix in September. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.
He hasn't been neutered and actually might have become more of murderous badass.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, Robert! The string of episodes after the incursion are what I'm thinking of mostly. I'm sick of shows like Once Upon a Time where they can't decide if a character is capable of doing really bad things or if they're just misunderstood (I stepped off the Regina merry-go-round). I'm loving this show!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
What a fantastic back story for Mr. Kaplan

Terrific episode.
I agree completely. It was totally riveting and tied up so many things in the series up to this point. One of the best episodes in the history of the show, and what great casting to get someone young who so much resembled present day Mr. Kaplan.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I agree completely. It was totally riveting and tied up so many things in the series up to this point. One of the best episodes in the history of the show, and what great casting to get someone young who so much resembled present day Mr. Kaplan.
Yes, amazing casting there. A great set of two episodes with loads of information that can present a different view of some events in the series.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm fin to start the fourth season. I see that Redemption first aired the same night as The Apothecary. Which episode aired first, and though I will likely alternate shows once I get to that point, are they tightly tied together or as separate as, say, The X-Files and The Lone Gunmen?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The first episode of Blacklist:Redemption flowed right out of the last new episode of The Blacklist that aired the same night. After that, Blacklist:Redemption aired on its own for the rest of its run, then The Blacklist resumed. We don't quite know during the rest of The Blacklist whether events of Blacklist:Redemption have finished or not.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just heard today that Blacklist: Redemption was cancelled. :(
With both shows from the same creative team and strong ties I am presuming that there will be at least one episode of The Blacklist which will deal with the ramifications of what happened in Blacklist: Redemption

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I just hope they clear up the daddy question next week. It's getting old!

I was hoping they were too. For a moment I thought they had, then they seemed to contradict that DNA result. I mean he admitted he was her father, then backtracked when talking to what's his name. Did I miss something?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The first episode of Blacklist:Redemption flowed right out of the last new episode of The Blacklist that aired the same night. After that, Blacklist:Redemption aired on its own for the rest of its run, then The Blacklist resumed. We don't quite know during the rest of The Blacklist whether events of Blacklist:Redemption have finished or not.

Do you mean the story flowed from the Apothecary to Redemption? Because the events of the Apothecary seem to flow into the next episode of the Blacklist, given the title of said episode. I'm glad I didn't catch that title earlier, because it and the season finale's titles are pretty spoilerish. Now, the episode before dealt with Tom and a certain news broadcast. It seems like that would be connected. Tonight's Fargo for me, but I'd like to know if I should watch the Blacklist next or Redemption. Thanks.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Do you mean the story flowed from the Apothecary to Redemption? Because the events of the Apothecary seem to flow into the next episode of the Blacklist, given the title of said episode. I'm glad I didn't catch that title earlier, because it and the season finale's titles are pretty spoilerish. Now, the episode before dealt with Tom and a certain news broadcast. It seems like that would be connected. Tonight's Fargo for me, but I'd like to know if I should watch the Blacklist next or Redemption. Thanks.
I thought that there were story elements to do with Tom in the Apothecary that flowed right into Blacklist: Redemption Ep 1 Leland Bray. In fact, I thought The Apothecary ended with a scene including Tom and Liz that basically continued in Leland Bray, I may be misremembering, though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think that scene was in the episode prior. In your defense (you don't really need one :)), you never said the episode name. The Apothecary ended up with a certain character pulling a hoodie over their face. It looks like the next episode was a month or so later, which must have really sucked "back then." :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Just to close this out, Neil, you were exactly right. The Redemption started out with Liz saying Reddington was going to pull through, so it did flow right into it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks