What's new

The Beverly Hillbillies Season 1? (2 Viewers)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Paramount has released seasons 2 & 3 on DVD are they planning on releasing season 1 or was MPI Ultimate Collections "Season 1"?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

from what's been said, seems like they won't put out Season 1 until they have released all the remaining seasons so not to tick off the Henning estate that helped put together the MPI sets.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The MPI Collections are a bit tricky.

To get the complete season 1, you have to buy both Ultimate Collections, and a separate Christmas themed disc to get all of the season 1 episodes, and by buying Ultimate Collection 2, you'll be doubling up on some episodes that Paramount eventually released on their "official" season 2 release.

Paramount's episodes do look better, though, and that second Ultimate Collection is the only way to get the rest of the S1 Episodes.

Both are cheap if you find the right sale on the 'net.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff

To ay that the Paramount DVD sets "look better" then the MPI set is a bit of an understatement.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I'm seeing a lot of hints about some CBS releases on the board recently (Hillbillies, Brady sequels, Perry Mason movies). All very good news, and I wonder if they are all being released by CBS or whether CBS is doing even more licensing. Either way, I'm very happy to see the CBS stuff becoming unfrozen again after a really slow year for them.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
FanCollector said:
I'm seeing a lot of hints about some CBS releases on the board recently (Hillbillies, Brady sequels, Perry Mason movies). All very good news, and I wonder if they are all being released by CBS or whether CBS is doing even more licensing. Either way, I'm very happy to see the CBS stuff becoming unfrozen again after a really slow year for them.
Truthfully after the VEI mega deal took Cannon, Barnaby Jones, and Matt Houston off the table, my remaining hope was that someone will finsih Hillbillies and My 3 Sons. If that happens, I would be more than content with what CBS has given us from their library. That's taking into account of course that I'm no great fan of westerns and that I've come to terms with the fact The Defender and Ben Casey are lost causes at this point.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Frank Soyke said:
Truthfully after the VEI mega deal took Cannon, Barnaby Jones, and Matt Houston off the table, my remaining hope was that someone will finsih Hillbillies and My 3 Sons. If that happens, I would be more than content with what CBS has given us from their library. That's taking into account of course that I'm no great fan of westerns and that I've come to terms with the fact The Defender and Ben Casey are lost causes at this point.

Now that Barnaby Jones is almost upon us, my new holy grail title that CBS owns is Love American Style, which will never be released because of the lack of original elements availability. What a shame.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Carabimero said:
I heard a nice surprise was coming. But I don't have a timetable.
I know CBS is staying quite active with their FB page for The Beverly Hillbillies. I just can't imagine they would keep plugging the show if they weren't going to continue it.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
I just hope CBS doesn't ban the episode "The South Rises Again" in light of recent events (Confederate flag controversy), and refuses to include it on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Warner Bros., despite many complaints from Dukes fans, is still not listening, and is still trying to ban the show.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Vahan_Nisanain said:
I just hope CBS doesn't ban the episode "The South Rises Again" in light of recent events (Confederate flag controversy), and refuses to include it on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Warner Bros., despite many complaints from Dukes fans, is still not listening, and is still trying to ban the show.
I don't want to go off-topic, but in what universe is Warners attempting to ban the show? Bo, Luke, Coy and Vance are going nowhere!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Ron1973 said:
I don't want to go off-topic, but in what universe is Warners attempting to ban the show? Bo, Luke, Coy and Vance are going nowhere!
It's real simple Ron. In a commentary on how ridiculous this world has become, even a sniff of political incorrectness can have companies running for cover, protecting their behinds like there no tomorrow..

But of course it's strickly OK for shows like Family Guy and other shows to demean Christians and anyone of faith...

I know, no politics here. I'll stop now, but I couldn't resist responding to this one.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Honestly, the Dukes panic was about a half dozen incidents ago. The internet outrage machine has found new inconsequential things to be outraged over, the Dukes sets are back in stock, and hardly anyone remembers now why there was such a rush to buy Dukes merchandise a few months back.

Now, if only there were an outrage over people moving from penthouses to farms, or young ladies bathing in water towers... we might see Green Acres or Petticoat Junction completed. :lol:

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Frank Soyke said:

I've heard more excuses as to why Ben Casey isn't being released...from poor film elements to music clearance issues. I think both excuses are a load of cr@p. IMHO the truth is, CBS doesnt feel it would be a profitable property to release.

I wish they would license it to a company that has more faith in this show and realize its potential.

It is truly pathetic that a show like Ben Casey just sits on the shelf while highly inferior properties get released.

casey.jpg

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The Obsolete Man said:
Green Acres has the misfortune of being controlled by Fox, so good luck with that.

CBS may not be the greatest, but every now and then they offer a glimmer of hope.

It is MGM that controls the show and is to blame for doing nothing with the remaining seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks