What's new

CBS Press Release: The Beverly Hillbillies Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
bev.jpeg

In this ultimate fish-out-of-water story, and for the first time in color, the Clampetts strike it rich in oil and move from their mountain cabin to the upscale neighborhood of Beverly Hills. Exclusively available at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club locations nationwide,
The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season DVD continues to follow the hilarious Clampett family as both they and their affluent neighbors undergo a clash of cultures.

DVD BASICS

[*]Specifications: Full Screen Format, Dolby Digital: English Mono, and English SDH Subtitles
[*]Rating: Not Rated
[*]Runtime: 13 hours, 31 minutes
[*]Suggested Retail Price: $19.96 U.S.
[*]Release Date October 1, 2013
[/list]Walmart Preorder Here
Waiting on possible Amazon Preorder

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Very Happy to see this released but not too happy with the Wallmart exclusive. Have to go out of my way to get it now but at least its finally out.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I generally don't like store exclusives, but the price is right, and it means the series will be continued.

In fact, I'd love to see CBS/P dump further releases of even more abandoned shows into Walmarts.

I just hope these are more successful than the one and done season release of In The Heat of the Night that started out as Walmart exclusive.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
First: YEA-HAH!!!! and at $19.95, terrific.

Second: I continue to be confused by CBS's choice of cover images. Why does a company that has done such good covers for various Lucy shows continue to use covers for the Beverly Hillbillies that look like they might be from some public domain company. In fact, Timeless (now SHOUT!) has used the same image in slightly altered form for a 2 disk public domain release for five years now, see:

http://www.amazon.com/Beverly-Hillbillies-New-Embossed-Slim/dp/B00DW7IVR2/ref=sr_1_27?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1378316159&sr=1-27&keywords=beverly+hillbillies

http://www.amazon.com/Beverly-Hillbillies-DVD-Special-Embossed/dp/B004H2MALY/ref=sr_1_65?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1378316220&sr=1-65&keywords=beverly+hillbillies

http://www.amazon.com/Beverly-Hillbillies-DVD-Special-Embossed/dp/B004H2MALY/ref=sr_1_65?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1378316220&sr=1-65&keywords=beverly+hillbillies

51g3HM-EhUL.jpg

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
This past summer I found Gunsmoke season 8 and Rawhide season 6 (both volumes of each) at Sam's for $19.99 each and Matlock season 9 (final) at Walmart for $19.99. While not exclusives in any way, it does show an interesting pricing startegy between CBS and Walmart/Sam's that would be nice to see continue.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
This means I can probably start dwindling down some of my Beverly Hillbillies VHS tapes, especially if they start giving us the rest of the seasons. I have a friend who will happily take them off my hands!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pardon me while I gush away.....lol

I've always thought S3 and S4 were the penultimate seasons. I love them all, obviously, but I think they started gelling really well in S3 and S4 really shown through.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ron1973 said:
This means I can probably start dwindling down some of my Beverly Hillbillies VHS tapes, especially if they start giving us the rest of the seasons. I have a friend who will happily take them off my hands!
Now, this is CBS/P we're talking about... wait until the set is in hand, and unedited episodes are fully confirmed before going and giving stuff away.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
The Obsolete Man said:
Now, this is CBS/P we're talking about... wait until the set is in hand, and unedited episodes are fully confirmed before going and giving stuff away.
CBS, so far, has given us unedited episodes. I also checked the running time and 32 episodes clock in at 800 minutes (x25 minutes). They're numbers are 810 minutes (13 hours, 31 minutes). I believe it's safe to say these are unedited plus the Syndication Bible shows only "network" versions being remastered. With that said, the DVD's will be in hand before I get rid of anything.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I'm very happy about this and Petticoat Junction. Season Four on TBH is, for me, the last of the peak seasons. Every season that follows will just be for completion's sake.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JoeDoakes said:
First: YEA-HAH!!!! and at $19.95, terrific.

Second: I continue to be confused by CBS's choice of cover images. Why does a company that has done such good covers for various Lucy shows continue to use covers for the Beverly Hillbillies that look like they might be from some public domain company. In fact, Timeless (now SHOUT!) has used the same image in slightly altered form for a 2 disk public domain release for five years now, see:

http://www.amazon.com/Beverly-Hillbillies-New-Embossed-Slim/dp/B00DW7IVR2/ref=sr_1_27?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1378316159&sr=1-27&keywords=beverly+hillbillies

51g3HM-EhUL.jpg
Joe, I've always felt CBS was a bit "ashamed" of the show. No reunion shows like other TV series other than the awful "Legend of the Beverly Hillbillies" thing in the 90's. It just seems like they would rather believe it never existed.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Ron1973 said:
Joe, I've always felt CBS was a bit "ashamed" of the show. No reunion shows like other TV series other than the awful "Legend of the Beverly Hillbillies" thing in the 90's. It just seems like they would rather believe it never existed.
I can't imagine why. This was perhaps CBS' biggest hit after I Love Lucy. It was huge in its day and is still an integral part of American pop culture. Just yesterday, I heard on NPR that Diana Nyad, when asked if she pondered thoughts of the mysteries of the ocean and its currents while completing her Cuba to Florida swim, replied, "Yes, and I played the theme to The Beverly Hillbillies 2000 times in my head."

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Ron1973 said:
If I remember correctly there was a TV reunion movie in the late 70's with everyone but Max Baer and Raymond Bailey whom I believe was decesed

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Frank Soyke said:
If I remember correctly there was a TV reunion movie in the late 70's with everyone but Max Baer and Raymond Bailey whom I believe was decesed

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Exclusively available at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club locations nationwide, The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season DVD...
That's unfortunate, because at TVShowsOnDVD.com we NEVER cover items which are available only at one brick-and-mortar retailer, at the expense of all the others. If this title becomes available for general release later on, then we will cover it.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
I've been wondering about something and I hope that maybe someone can tell me. We've been given the running time which equals out to what it should be for 32 episodes at 25 minutes apeice. What about the "bonus" of the cast commercials/extra verse on the theme song? Were those counted in the running times on S2 and S3 or do bonuses get configured in with the running time at all? I guess I'm hoping against hope that the sponsor plugs will be included on S4. Many of the old Columbia House VHS episodes, while not containing the actual plug spot, did have the super-imposed product logo over the closing credits (Kellogg's and LifeBuoy Soap were the only two I remember seeing) and I've seen a couple of the plugs on YouTube, so we know they do exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks