What's new

The Apprentice Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I rarely watch reality shows, but this intriged me...

I am probably going to check out the next show.
The guys had pretty good planning, I thought Troy did okay... Sam was over the top, I thought he had balls tryin to sell the lemonade for a grand.

The girls.. what can I say about the girls... Kristi, Ereka, Jessie, Katrina... :emoji_thumbsup: :D
They used their 'resources' well, sellin $25 cups of lemonade.

Thoughts?

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I think this one was a bit of a setup. As someone said, women are extremely good at face to face sales, not only to men, but also to women.

I kept asking myself "what did troy do that was so inconsistent as a leader?" perhaps he should have spent more time with David after he was chasing that guy on the bike? I thought Troy did great, and not a hustler, as someone said.

That Jason guy almost got himself into DEEP water though.

On the women's side, I think Tammy put herself in a bad spotlight with her "episodes" today. Om-whatever her name is, said her strength was as an organizer. I didn't see it. They put too much pressure on the project manager when the other group wasn't answering their phones.

I was intrigued by this show ever since I saw the first trailers for it, and it's kept my attention. Can't wait til next week!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Very interesting...watching how the guys were doing how they seemed more organized, I was certain they were going to do better than the ladies, but I was surprised that the girls did better.

btw- Is Donald Trump's Apartment plated in Gold? Some people just have too much money.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Thought it wasn't too bad. Definately had Survivior parallels, but I'll probably watch next week. I thought that pitting the girls against the guys skewed the playing field a bit. Naturally the girls had advantages with the lemonade selling and I was wondering how long it would be before they sexed it up to sell. I was telling my girlfriend that the guys should have went over to Chelsea to try to sell. Men against women is not really representative of modern business environments.

That one guy, I forgot his name but he was one of the 3 who were in the boardroom, amused me. Is he not the most spineless corporate lackey you have ever seen? "I'll do whatever you want Mr. Trump. "Sit Down!" "Thank You!"

I cringed at that guy who did get fired when he made the all time cardinal error when being evaluated for a job, cast weakness on himself. "Selling is not my Forte" I knew he was gone after he said that.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Interesting show. I agree that having it men vs women is probably the worst way they could have gone, especially since nearly every one of those ladies is a looker, and then some.

The guys clearly did a better job businesswise organizing, getting local resources, and making appealing lemonaid. Worst part of their plan was that they picked a horrible location. Guess they don't know NYC very well. Heading towards the village would have been much better, or up to midtown, or they could have went around to the east river at pier 17(?).

The women were bickering, unorganized, sloppy in their lemonaid preporation (as in it was tacky how they made it and I wouldn't buy it from them). Everything else failed so they used the only thing they had, sex appeal. They did the equivilent of sleeping with someone to get to the top when that one girl sold a glass of lemonaid and her phone number to a guy. I was kinda sad to see how much they actually made compared to the guys.

The spineless lackey, as Will put it :), is everything that I hate about corporate people. Mr. drama boy with no morals. Great combo. And the guy that was running after the bike with the sign was just as bad. I was waiting for that guy on the bike to jump off and just go at him. I know I would have.

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Will...that was Sam. Man, is he a piece of work or what? Spineless corporate lackey is an understatemtent. :D I thought he was going to cry at one point.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Good show. You can definately tell that the creator of Survivor is behind the show. Lots of similarities but to me, that's a good thing.

Sam had balls man! Standing up all desperate and basically begging Trump and telling him "Mr. Trump, I'm your president!" was hilarious. The men project manager (Troy?) did a good job. What else could he have done? I like him. One of my favorites to win right now.

The women? I don't know. I'm not feeling anything for them. At this point, they can all go for all I care. But maybe that'll all change in the future.

The Trump apartment? Jesus! Did you guys see the thickness of the door? Built like a vault. Luxury everywhere! And what a view. Good to be rich.

I was in the city yesterday (that's what we New Yorkers call Manhattan) on 6th ave and 49th St. and saw a whole bunch of Chryler Pacificas with "The Apprentice" signs on their windows and all the drivers were young men and women. Are they done filming this season? If they are then could it be they're filming a second season?

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I thought the show was great.

And it mopped up in the ratings, though CSI still had higher ratings. It had the 2nd highest debut behind the first Joe Millionaire.

Special note: NBC is not airing this on Wednesday, they are going with Thursday again this week due to the high ratings. The decision was made late Friday.

Chris

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

Good news. I think it is beyond stupid to air the first show on one day and then immediately change the next time it will show. I don't know how many shows I never got into because I could never find it after the first time I watched it.

So is this going to be 1 hour long from now on?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Some of the footage was jawdroppingly embarrassing. To watch Sam crawl and beg has to be one of the all-time sad scenes to play out.

How do you spell "suck up"? S-A-M.

NBC is going to keep it on Thursday night after Friends (I guess that means it's goodbye "Good Morning Miami, and perhaps "Scrubs" on Must See TV night). On Wednesday, NBC is showing the premiere of "The Apprentice" in case some people didn't see it this past Thursday. I checked the schedule on NBC and that's what it's looking like right now.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
One thing I hate about the business world is running into people like Sam that are so full of shit it's coming out thier ears.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
As in going head-to-head on Thursday (NBC vs. CBS, I have no clue what channels these shows air in Canada)?

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I would think that NBC would not even try it. Survivor AS is being predicted to have the highest survivor ratings since S1. Most likely they will move it to the Wed. spot before then.

Chris

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Even though The Apprentice and Survivor are on competing network, I would think that one of Mark Burnett's conditions would be that NBC did not put The Apprentice against Survivor

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Both Survivor and The Apprentice are shown by the same network in Canada - GlobalTV. They also show Friends.
For the most part, they keep to the same schedule as the US networks.
Friends is shown at 7:30PM when Survivor is on though, so that helps a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks