What's new

The Apple Watch Ultra owners thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is a shame though I suppose Apple will find a way to introduce this feature at some future point.

From the perspective of one of the richest companies in the world stealing the work of a much much smaller company, and being forced to stop selling their product using that intellectual theft, this is meager justice.

Apple should license the technology and get on it with it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have an Apple Watch 8 that my doctor suggested I buy to monitor health issues. At the time I was having a lot of heart arrhythmia problems that were eventually diagnosed as A/Fib. The watch allowed me to check my heart rate and doe EKGs whenever I felt like something was amiss. After I started receiving treatment I was able to see my A/Fib rate decline from 19% to zero.

I hear stories of the Apple Watch saving people's lives all the time. I am sure many of you do as well.

Have a member of this forum whom I see once or twice a year and his Apple Watch gave him an AFib warning and he was in the hospital for minor surgery a few days later.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thought I’d post a quick note about the Ultra 2. This should come as no new news to most here. I’ve gone three days without re-charging the watch, so thats great battery life. Even after 3 days the battery gauge shows 1/4 battery level left.

The big surprise was the sound level warning. And then i noticed a noise level meter pop-up! That was cool. I’ve seen YouTube videos of people using a sound pressure meter on the iPhone to measure the sound levels in a car, but i didnt know it was possible on the watch. So I’ll have to learn more about it. Maybe it can used to check the speaker sound levels in the home theater for example.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thought I’d post a quick note about the Ultra 2. This should come as no new news to most here. I’ve gone three days without re-charging the watch, so thats great battery life. Even after 3 days the battery gauge shows 1/4 battery level left.

The big surprise was the sound level warning. And then i noticed a noise level meter pop-up! That was cool. I’ve seen YouTube videos of people using a sound pressure meter on the iPhone to measure the sound levels in a car, but i didnt know it was possible on the watch. So I’ll have to learn more about it. Maybe it can used to check the speaker sound levels in the home theater for example.

Nelson,

I am really happy to hear you are enjoying your watch. The extended battery life is a huge plus. I never have to worry about losing battery life during the day.

I have had that sound warning come up a few times as well. Could have used it in my early adulthood as I wouldn't be suffering from tinnitus at this stage of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks