What's new

The Amazing Race - season 26 (1 Viewer)

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Josh Dial said:
This has happened every year, non?

Not that I'm aware. The series typically aired on Sundays for most of its seasons, and there were scheduling conflicts with late NFL games but I don't recall it being pre-empted for 2 straight weeks.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
DaveHof2 said:
Not that I'm aware. The series typically aired on Sundays for most of its seasons, and there were scheduling conflicts with late NFL games but I don't recall it being pre-empted for 2 straight weeks.

Oh yes, you are correct. I was mixing up my sports-related pre-emptions :) They got so bad that I started watching TAR on our terrible Canadian affiliate (who has since become even worse, and simul-subbed in for all of our American channels). Looks like in the past few spring seasons (24, 22, etc) the show took only a 1-week break about this time.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
DaveHof2 said:
Josh Dial said:
Looks like in the past few spring seasons (24, 22, etc) the show took only a 1-week break about this time.

Definitely correct about that, as the break was due to the NCAA tournament. But this season has to be a first where the break was 2 weeks, which is pretty long.

Kind of off-topic - not that I have a shortage of shows to watch, but I did finally get to catch up on the 2nd season of the Canadian version, which I thought, was more entertaining than this current season has been so far, even if they did not go around the world. It did help fill the void pretty well.

And wonder if one of their Fast Forwards would ever happen in the US edition. :D

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Walter C said:
And wonder if one of their Fast Forwards would ever happen in the US edition. :D

I don't watch Canadian "versions" of any reality shows: they are almost always worse in every way (Canadian Idol was an exception, but that's a low bar). Frankly, It's insulting how they are basically pauper versions--always less extravagant, elaborate, and interesting, and generally with crappier prizes--as though our country is some backwards, second-class place (no, Josh, tell us how you really feel!).

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
I am surprised there aren't any comments after last Friday's show, which I thought was a delightful example of 'Amazing Race' at its best. Beautiful scenery, interesting challenges, some couples working well together and others at each other's throats. Enjoyed every moment of it, except for Hayley's non-stop complaints. Blair is a very patient man.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I was wondering why she needed to go on a "blind date". Seeing her is not the problem.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Yes, during the first episode I thought Blair seemed kind of "stuck up" and "unfriendly". Now I think the man is a saint! I notice Phil doesn't ask anymore about the chances of a long term relationship developing.

And the two guys who got eliminated. Really? Have they ever watched the show? They claimed to be fans and yet every season on the show people usually have to drive standard cars. Isn't that something you would learn before the race?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
GlennF said:
And the two guys who got eliminated. Really? Have they ever watched the show? They claimed to be fans and yet every season on the show people usually have to drive standard cars. Isn't that something you would learn before the race?

Completely. Nearly each and every season (if not each & every season).

And the one of them that blamed the other guy for "giving up on the race" since he didn't find love. Really? Are you kidding me? He could've driven the car to the challenge. Oh. He didn't. :rolleyes:

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Another great episode - loved seeing Monaco. Bayley is still annoying but she cleans up well. Laura gets my vote for this year's most beautiful racer. Next week -Africa, which always ends up being good television.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Tried to watch the last ep but looks like I recorded two hours of the Yankees/sox 19th inning, some golf and Letterman instead. And here I thought having it on on Fridays would solve the sports conflicts.

(Still have this show set to always record for an extra hour due to the frequent Sunday sports delays)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was still up watching that 19 inning ball game Greg and even tried to compensate by calculating when I thought TAR might eventually air on Channel 6.

It didn't help. I recorded everything right through the CBS morning news Saturday morning and it never aired. After they broadcast the Letterman & Corden shows, they just decided to lose all the Friday night network lineup that they had originally time-shifted and discard them for their paid early-morning advertisement programming.

I checked their Facebook page to see if there was any announcement of when TAR would air. I found nothing but numerous complaints about the missing episodes.

I eventually watched it with the "On Demand" feature on my Time-Warner DVR.

I just looked and found this message on WRGB's Facebook page:

Set your DVRs! After last Friday's Yankees/Red Sox game went long, some of our Friday night programming had to be rescheduled:

The Amazing Race - Tuesday @ 2:10 a.m.
Hawaii Five-O - Wednesday @ 2:10 a.m.
Blue Bloods - Thursday @ 2:10 a.m.

I guess that means it aired early this morning? The announcement was only posted yesterday afternoon at 1:30pm. So they didn't give much "heads up" time.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I guess by the lack of comments in this thread, some people have tuned out of this season. And I would not blame them at all, as most of the teams seemed to blend in together. And one of the reasons why I have not been too excited about this season so far.

I have fallen behind the show, but now just caught up after seeing the 2nd Peru leg. I had a feeling when Phil kept saying that "you are one of the teams to race to the finish line", and not "one of 3 teams", that this would be a To-Be-Continued type of leg. A major reprieve for one of the teams, just like last season, with 4 teams racing back to the US.

Hayley & Blair - yakey-yak vs. yeah, whatever! Hayley looks nice, but her screeching voice is just too much to bear. Though, I don't think Blair is that much better. They may have won a few legs, but I don't want to see them win the race.

Jelani & Jenny - I don't mind Jelani, but Jenny can be too much (though a lot more tolerable than Hayley).

Laura & Tyler - a team that I don't mind seeing win the race, and probably the only Blind date team that I would be okay winning it all. They seem to have worked well together for the most part. Well, at least better than most of the other Blind date teams, and even some of the pre-existing teams.

Mike & Rochelle - flying under the radar, but this last remaining pre-existing dating team is my first choice to win it all. Though, they just seem to be there, who ran into bad luck with a broken cab. And I can't see them winning it all, but I could be wrong, like I was last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks