What's new

TCFHE Press Release: STAR WARS Movies Celebrated With New Limited Edition SteelBooks (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
darkrock17 said:
Darth Vader doesn't scream A New Hope to me

A Stromtrooper for Empire :rolleyes:

SPOILER ALERT much for Jedi

What's the spoiler on "Jedi" - that the Emperor is in the film? :confused:

Your complaint about the "Star Wars" and "ESB" covers would've made more sense in 1995:

ELTQGyT.jpg

aXkxUPc.jpg

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Kyrsten Brad said:
With the way that Disney is handling these re-releases, it's a wonder that they didn't put Jar Jar Binks on the steel book cover of TPM.
( oops, I hate giving some of these Disney folks ideas).

Disney has nothing to do with these re-releases - they're Fox all the way...

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Colin Jacobson said:
What's the spoiler on "Jedi" - that the Emperor is in the film? :confused:

Your complaint about the "Star Wars" and "ESB" covers would've made more sense in 1995:

The Emperor isn't a spoiler to those who've seen it, (now I'm pretty sure that everyone's seen it), but still you don't market a film that gives part of the ending away. No complaint on the laserdics, as I don't own them, I have the originals.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
darkrock17 said:
I can see this as the beginning of the battle between Disney and Fox. Thankfully Fox was smart enough to make that deal with Lucas back in 90's to own #4 out right.

LOL. No.

Fox likes $$$. Disney/Lucasfilm likes $$$.

Also, the press release was a joint one between the companies: "The announcements were made today by The Walt Disney Studios, Lucasfilm Ltd., and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment."

There's Z-E-R-O conflict over these films. I guarantee all the lawyers have sorted through all the legalese on who has what rights for how long, and who gets what percentage of royalties, and which releases have which company logo, etc. Once the joint digital releases happened (and they were joint since Fox had the digital rights to the original 1977 film), then this was obvious to anyone who knows how the industry works. This just seals it further that this relationship is solid and all the legal ducks are in a row.

Colin Jacobson said:
Disney has nothing to do with these re-releases - they're Fox all the way...

See above.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SilverWook said:
I've seen prices for even the most common of Star Wars items go up on Ebay because the new movie is coming out. 'Tis the season to cash in on Episode 7 mania.
Yep. I've got a fairly good sized lot of Bantha Tracks and Lucasfilm Fan magazines that I've been waiting to sell simply because I know that November/December will get me more money than I would have gotten a few months ago.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
darkrock17 said:
The Emperor isn't a spoiler to those who've seen it, (now I'm pretty sure that everyone's seen it), but still you don't market a film that gives part of the ending away. No complaint on the laserdics, as I don't own them, I have the originals.

Showing the Emperor on the "Jedi" cover does nothing to give away the ending!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Brandon Conway said:
LOL. No.

Fox likes $$$. Disney/Lucasfilm likes $$$.

Also, the press release was a joint one between the companies: "The announcements were made today by The Walt Disney Studios, Lucasfilm Ltd., and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment."

There's Z-E-R-O conflict over these films. I guarantee all the lawyers have sorted through all the legalese on who has what rights for how long, and who gets what percentage of royalties, and which releases have which company logo, etc. Once the joint digital releases happened (and they were joint since Fox had the digital rights to the original 1977 film), then this was obvious to anyone who knows how the industry works. This just seals it further that this relationship is solid and all the legal duck are in a row.

See above.

You're right! The release I got was from Fox and it only listed Fox contacts, so I didn't notice the part that mentioned Disney!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mark VH said:
Erm, since they're re-launching this to coincide with the release of the new movie, doesn't that sort of invalidate the "Complete Saga" tag? Shouldn't it be more like "The Complete Saga...for Another Couple of Months"?

Also, I love how this release bends over backwards to say that these are REPACKAGED, heading off any questions about which versions of the movies they'll include. You could package them in solid gold for all I care and I still wouldn't buy them without the unaltered OT.

I'd have to reconsider not buying these if they were packaged in solid gold. I'd just throw the discs out and melt down the cases.

Tony J Case said:
That, above all else, is what is wrong with the new trilogy. For years, YEARS, I thought that the 20th Century Fox theme was part of the Star Wars theme. When I was growing up, one was part of the other - like separating We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions. It just isn't done.

But now, we wont have that. The movies will just start. . . wrong.

If a studio logo is what makes it feel like STAR WARS then there wasn't much there to begin with.

Bryan^H said:
Dark side of the force much? With the exception of Yoda I hate the steelbook art. I would much rather have the faces of the heroes of Star Wars rather than the villains. Or the original poster art would have been awesome for a steelbook case. Apparently in Disney's Star Wars Universe the Empire defeated the rebellion :(

That's just Disney's way of saying that the Empire DID win the Rebellion. After all, Disney is an Empire and it bought out the Rebel (Lucasfilm, ILM, etc.).

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
darkrock17 said:
Seeing as he has a major part of it, I'd say that be giving it away.

By that logic, the depiction of any of these characters on the cover of "Jedi" would be "giving away the ending", as they're all a major part of it:

Luke

Emperor

Vader

Han

Lando

Chewie

3PO

R2

Leia

Admiral Ackbar

Wicket the Ewok

Did I miss anybody?

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Colin Jacobson said:
By that logic, the depiction of any of these characters on the cover of "Jedi" would be "giving away the ending", as they're all a major part of it:

Luke
Emperor
Vader
Han
Lando
Chewie
3PO
R2
Leia
Admiral Ackbar
Wicket the Ewok

Did I miss anybody?
You know they should probably take the title away too - given that the Jedi do indeed return - massive spoiler that one !

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now Available for preorder

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The thing about those covers is that 5 out of 6 them are villains and the sixth is Yoda. So what does that inadvertently (??) suggest about Yoda? Hilarious.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
ORIGINALS ONLY or maybe someone can't read? ORIGINAL MIRRORED DOLBY STEREO 70mm versions from release prints with reel change over que dots O circle shape for 70mm if my memory is right for 70mm releases and 0 oval shape for SCOPE films and O for W/S films.

These are BS releases too many GCI PASS ON THIS.

The art is ghastly dreadful looks like someone needs to go to SPECSAVERS!

I wouldn't have this star wars box set if it was FREE! They are abominations! GET THEM OUT OF MY FACE.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Edwin-S said:
If a studio logo is what makes it feel like STAR WARS then there wasn't much there to begin with.
It's part and parcel of the overall experience. There's hardly a fan who doesn't get goosebumps hearing that fanfare, then seeing the Fox logo followed by the Lucasfilm one. It takes us all back to that first time we saw these films. Most of us anyway. ;)

The Fox fanfare has been part of every SW soundtrack release since 1993.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks