What's new

Tales From the Darkside (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A new news article for Tales from the Darkside has been posted on TVShowsOnDVD, about the front cover artwork for the third season Region 1 DVD boxset. The URL link to the news article is below:

Tales from the Darkside: The Third Season (Region 1 DVD boxset) - Front cover artwork (TVShowsOnDVD.com news article)

Shame there won't be any DVD extras this time. But at least the third season is being released. Hopefully the fourth and last season will be out on Region 1 before the end of the year.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Has anyone here bought the recently released third season Region 1 DVD boxset of Tales from the Darkside? What is the print quality of the episodes like? Are there any music edits?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Has anyone here bought the recently released third season Region 1 DVD boxset of Tales from the Darkside? What is the print quality of the episodes like? Are there any music edits?
I have it. The music has been changed(like the previous releases). It is very well done though. Looks fine. Episodes run about 22 minutes.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I am still on the first disc of season 3 but I wouldn't know about the music edits since i can't tell any differences so far. Video quality seems to be on par with first 2 seasons. I recommend the set for sure.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm going to wait till it hopefully appears in a future TV on DVD sale at DeepDiscount. Received my copy of the second season on Wednesday, and the three discs have no scratches on them compared to when I bought it from PlayUSA (and had to return it).

The music edits in the first and second season sets, unless you remember seeing the episodes when they first aired, you wouldn't tell the difference? I don't think the theme tune has been changed in the first season set, based on some of the episodes I tested out in the first season set.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Looks like I'll just be waiting on a full series set. I'm REALLY slow on this one. I've been going through about 4 or 5 other classic shows like it, including TZ, Outer Limits (original) and House of Hammer Horror.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I don't think Paramount will be releasing a complete series set other than all the seasons just shrinkwrapped together. They did the same with FRIDAY THE 13th The Series, and most Paramount releases dont get full series box sets. Even a show like CHEERS they just do shrinkwrap bundles. You might as well purchase them as they get released or when you catch them onsale thru online retailers.

I usually pay more for them as they get released but I have a friend at work who just watches prices on amazon and deep discount DVD and he gets them under 20 a set.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Amazon's marketplace is excellent for getting stuff like this. I guess I'm like your friend. I won't wait for a series set. Thanks for the info.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for sharing this release date information. I had a feeling that if the fourth and last season was being released on Region 1 before the end of this year it would be in September. The second season I think had a September 2009 release planned, but was delayed until October 2009.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I was thinking about purchasing tales from the darkside. I wanted to check to see if i should purchased this set. I love night gallery and it is my understanding that tales from the darkside was similar to night gallery. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Real Name
Duh.
I have been compilling a list of the composer for each episode of the series and I am almost done. I have spent nearly a year doing it via re-runs (when I could catch them -- always aired when I was in bed!) and YouTube videos. I am hoping kind fans will help finished off these remainders:

Season 1:

"It All Comes Out in the Wash"

Season 3:

"My Own Place"

Season 4:

"Payment Overdue"

"The Apprentice"

"Barter"

If anybody is curious to see it:

http://tvscores.150m.com/TFTDS.html

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have watched a few of the episodes and enjoy this show. Then again i also liked night gallery, Thriller and related shows.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Has anyone here purchased the fourth and final season, and what is the presentation of the menus and episodes like?

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Has anyone here purchased the fourth and final season, and what is the presentation of the menus and episodes like?

I have watched the first disc of the final season, and it seems the same as the previous seasons... Same menu style design with Play All Feature or episode to episode. As for presentation of the episodes the transfers never impressed me but I am glad to finally have the full series on DVD.

It wouold be cool it they could release MONSTERS next.... if CBS owns that one?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A new DVD pre-order listing has appeared on Amazon UK, HMV.com and Play.com for a Region 2 release of Tales from the Darkside: Season One, with a UK release date of Monday 21st November (source: Amazon UK). 3D front cover artwork is below (source: Play.com): The episode commentary on the pilot "Trick or Treat" by George A. Romero is listed as a DVD extra on Play.com's DVD pre-order listing page. All 24 episodes have been passed by the BBFC, but not the audio commentary for "Trick or Treat". Note the Revelation Films (and CBS DVD) logo on the side spine of the DVD case. As well as the Irwin Allen series and Rawhide, Revelation Films are branching out into other TV genre shows. Great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks