Swim-In Theater

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Chris Hovanic, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

I went to the local Street of Dreams this weekend and I knew one of the houses had a pool (Not many pools in Oregon). When I steped out on the patio next to the pool my [​IMG] !

The pool is under cover and open to the outside on two sides. Built into the back wall is what looked like a 50" plasma. There was also a left/right/center speaker on the wall as well. At the rear of the pool there was a left and right rear speaker and gas heater. I could not locate a sub [​IMG]! Here are a couple of shots I took with my crapy digi camera.

I was not able to sit err I mean float in the sweet spot so I can not comment on the speaker/screen placement ect. But oh my the cool factor was [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] out of 5 [​IMG]'s

2. Mark McGill

Mark McGill Stunt Coordinator

That does look really sweet. Not sure the long term survivablity of the screen due to moisture, but cool nevertheless.

3. Pam W

Pam W Stunt Coordinator

Wow!

We did a simplified version (sheet over deck) at our pool and called them "Dive In" Movies![​IMG]

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    As long as they dropped the plasma behind a protective screen they should be oK, if not they'll be buying a new one

5. Chris Hovanic

The plasma is behind a protective screen and I would hope that it is sealed and locked in to prevent theft. I would guess a 10k Plasma is not that big of deal to someone that could afford a 2.5 million dollar house [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Very nice... however, I can't imagine soaking in a pool to watch the FOTR EE... one might wind up with hypothermia. [​IMG]

7. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I'm not sure which movie that is. Then again, if I was swimming in the pool with a fine lady, I don't think we'd be watching action shows, drama or comedy. [​IMG]

8. Chris Hovanic

9. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Very nice. I saw in a s&v magazine not sure which one that a architect spent about $225,000 on his ht. Talking about awesome. I thought about buying the mag but I passed it up.