What's new

Swim-In Theater (1 Viewer)

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
I went to the local Street of Dreams this weekend and I knew one of the houses had a pool (Not many pools in Oregon). When I steped out on the patio next to the pool my !

The pool is under cover and open to the outside on two sides. Built into the back wall is what looked like a 50" plasma. There was also a left/right/center speaker on the wall as well. At the rear of the pool there was a left and right rear speaker and gas heater. I could not locate a sub :frowning:! Here are a couple of shots I took with my crapy digi camera.

I was not able to sit err I mean float in the sweet spot so I can not comment on the speaker/screen placement ect. But oh my the cool factor was :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: out of 5 :star:'s

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator
That does look really sweet. Not sure the long term survivablity of the screen due to moisture, but cool nevertheless.

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator
Wow!

We did a simplified version (sheet over deck) at our pool and called them "Dive In" Movies!:D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
As long as they dropped the plasma behind a protective screen they should be oK, if not they'll be buying a new one

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
The plasma is behind a protective screen and I would hope that it is sealed and locked in to prevent theft. I would guess a 10k Plasma is not that big of deal to someone that could afford a 2.5 million dollar house ;) ;)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Very nice... however, I can't imagine soaking in a pool to watch the FOTR EE... one might wind up with hypothermia. :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

I'm not sure which movie that is. Then again, if I was swimming in the pool with a fine lady, I don't think we'd be watching action shows, drama or comedy. :D

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Very nice. I saw in a s&v magazine not sure which one that a architect spent about $225,000 on his ht. Talking about awesome. I thought about buying the mag but I passed it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks