What's new

theJman

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Jim
SVS PB-1000 Pro is the new entry from a classic brand. You know who they are, everyone does. They started out as an ID company (Internet Direct) but have branched out into much more than that. However, some folks aren’t comfortable buying on-line and would rather do business with a large retailer like Best Buy/Magnolia, Crutchfield, OneCall or Electronics Expo. Thankfully you can get SVS products from every one of those retailers, as well as many others. What’s that, you aren’t in the United States? Not a problem because you can buy SVS speakers and subwoofers in…

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
I have just received my 4 SVS Elevations, and the 3 Prime bookshelf are on the way (as is a new 120" AT screen) for my new home theater. I've been trying to ignore the PB-1000 reviews (but of course reading all of them), and to just be satisfied with my one SB-1000. I just don't think I can hold out much longer. Heeeelllllpppp me, Mr Wizard..............

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Excellent review. I couldn't agree more with the majority of your comments. I looked at all of the major players when choosing the successor for my venerable but aging PB12 Plus/2 and landed right back where I started, choosing dual SVS SB4000's. Great company.

Pacoloco

Auditioning
Real Name
Francisco
thanks for the review...how does this PB-1000 pro compares to a PC-2000 (non-pro)? I like the cylinder shape and I may be able to get one "gently" used but only if a PC-2000 is better than this PB-1000 pro. The phone app is nice but not essential to me. Thanks!

theJman

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Jim
The PC-2000 has a higher-output driver (provided it's not very old), more powerful amp, a larger enclosure and you like the format; win, win, win, win. The PB-1000 Pro is current generation, newer tech, physically smaller and has app control. That last point is important for many but it seems of less interest to you so perhaps it's not a factor in this case.

Pacoloco

Auditioning
Real Name
Francisco
The PC-2000 has a higher-output driver (provided it's not very old), more powerful amp, a larger enclosure and you like the format; win, win, win, win. The PB-1000 Pro is current generation, newer tech, physically smaller and has app control. That last point is important for many but it seems of less interest to you so perhaps it's not a factor in this case.
thanks so much...I used to have a PC-12NSD and I liked it a lot. This PB-1000 pro is much improved over the previous PB-1000 but I still like the PC2000 non pro and pro...but hard to get a PC up here in Canada...for now at least. I found a PC2000 "gently used" -4 years old with one year left in warranty...my old PC12 NSD died after 8 years...I'm considering it...but the price is 80% of what a new PC-2000 pro would cost me...but SVS is not shipping them to Canada (the PC2000 pro for now-I asked-short supply)...hmmm..
thanks so much

theJman

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Jim
If the used PC-2000 is in good condition maybe you could make him/her a counteroffer and get it for a more reasonable price? At 4 years old the current owner is optimistic thinking it's worth 80% of the original selling price.

Pacoloco

Auditioning
Real Name
Francisco
If the used PC-2000 is in good condition maybe you could make him/her a counteroffer and get it for a more reasonable price? At 4 years old the current owner is optimistic thinking it's worth 80% of the original selling price.
thanks again...I'll decide this weekend...I think 50-60% would be reasonable. These are expensive toys! I sell some electronics sometimes and I "hate" getting ridiculously low offers! gosh! But I will try...sure...thanks!

Pacoloco

Auditioning
Real Name
Francisco
Hello again...I got lucky! I got a new PC-2000 pro and I decided to place it at the front next to the right front speaker and move the PB-1000 pro next to my couch...overkill I know...I'm sure the PC2000 pro would be enough for my space (under 2600 cubic feet)...but I always wanted to have a dual svs subwoofer set up! So there...both use the same app and after running audyssey I find the results awesome...not boomy...just better bass and in movies like Blade Runner 2049 I get a tactile experience in some parts of the movie. Not overwhelming but definitely nice. I have 5 year warranty (even in Canada) and so I'll be fine for a bit-got my home theatre wish!

gralenk

Agent
Real Name
gralen young
I have the SB 1000 and boy does it go down low.I listen to Battle LA and it took everything the movie threw at it. The couch rocked

zoetmb

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brooks
However, some folks aren’t comfortable buying on-line and would rather do business with a large retailer like Best Buy/Magnolia, Crutchfield, OneCall or Electronics Expo.
That's not my problem with buying online. My issue is that every time I've bought something without hearing it first, I was unhappy with the sound and returning things is a pain. When I called one company and told them I wanted to return the speakers, the company person sounded absolutely shocked. And it was a speaker system that had gotten great reviews in various publications. But I thought they had absolutely no life to them whatsoever. A small table radio sounded as good.

I also bought a subwoofer online (not from SVS). It's "okay", but if I had heard it first, I wouldn't have bought it. But I did wind up keeping that one.

radiorich

Auditioning
Real Name
rich
Hello everyone,
I have seen ads, but I have never seen one in person my main subwoofer is a MK .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks