What's new

SVS CES News Update (1 Viewer)

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
SVS PB13-Ultra and PB13-Ultra/2, 750 watt Bash amps, Spring 2007.. Can't wait to see the reviews on these badboys!

Geoff Gunnell

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin: 13.5"
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

http://www.svsound.com/CES2007/SVS_P...3SubsSheet.pdf

One typo: The new Bash amp is 750W, not 950W.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
12" => 6" r => 113 sq in
13.5" => 6.75" r => 143 sq in

About a 25% increase. Hmmm... If I now get an in-room response down to 11 Hz with a PB12-Ultra/2, I wonder how a PB13-Ultra or Ultra/2 would do. ;)

Geoff Gunnell

Stunt Coordinator

Kevin, you have to do driver surface areas using the part that moves only: If we estimate effective piston diameters of 10.5" for the TV-12 and 12" for the U-13 we have (6.00 / 5.25) ^2 = 1.306, or roughly a 30% increase in effective surface area.

However, below the cabinet tuning point the output comes from the ports. Tom has not said anything yet about the porting of the Dual driver cabinets which are still in development, but he has said this in an excerpt from a post on HomeTheaterSpot concerning the porting of the new Ultra single driver cabinets:

"...we've designed all new custom tooling for the port tubing, inner flares, outer flares, and elbows to further increase port flow. Going from 3" to 3.5" doesn't sound like much...but it represents >35% more sectional area. When you factor in the new tubing, elbow, inner flare and outer flare a good estimate for the increased port flow would be around 40%. (not an insignificant amount by any measure..:)

Now, could it be argued that the new designs would perform a little better

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Is there any preliminary information with regards to initial pricing of the PB-13 sub?

Geoff Gunnell

Stunt Coordinator
Not yet, Bryan. Tom has said he expects to have pricing firmed up on the single driver cabinets within 60 days, with pre-orders hopefully starting in late April or May.

EDIT: My diminished capacity is giving Tom and his suppliers an extra month!

Actually he said he's guessing late March or April :)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Now there's a thought. :) (I have an Ultra/2, but I keep toying with the idea of swapping that out for 2 Ultras.) But then if the past is any indication of the future, SVS usually offers intro deals for new products too. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks