What's new

Survivor - Nicaragua - season 21 thread (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm fairly certain NaOnka's Final Coucil question will either be "If Iwas in the Final, would you vote to give me a million dollars?" or be one of the sore losers who just goes off on the final contestants about how undeserving they are and never actually asks anything.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hell I doubt Naonka will even be able to sit there at the remaining tribal councils and keep her trap shut, especially when/if someone starts to talk about her lol.

I have to admit that what Jeff said made some sense to me, if they didn't allow Naonka and Kelly on the jury that's potential votes that those who are still playing might lose unfairly, it's not their fault they quit and they shouldn't suffer any fallout from it.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
If people quit, they should allow the tribe to vote someone back on, rather than having the producers do that.

I think that would make for an interesting tribal.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Took me a few days to get to this week's show, but

my God, this was the most incredible Survivor episode

I have seen since Russell blindsighted his teammates

two seasons ago.

Naonka, on the other hand, has got to be one of the most disgusting, trashiest people in the show's history.

Absolutely. She is trash. I could not believe that she
went on that reward without sacrificing herself for the others

knowing that she was leaving the game. Then, no apologies

to anyone.

What did she posses and what did she present of herself that convinced the producers she deserved a spot?

Sometimes I think the producers purposely pick people like

her just to stir the pot and create controversy. Perhaps she

walked into the audition and charmed everyone. Perhaps they

saw the trash she was and decided to throw her into the mix

and see what gets churned out.

I love the way Jeff Probst hammered them both for quitting.

And to top it off, he basically nodded to the both of them after

"shmushing" their torches to get the hell out of here. "You want

to leave? Leave!" Perfect sendoff for a bunch of quitters.

But why put them on the jury? Isn't a jury usually made up of

peers? Shouldn't by definition that be people of equal standing?

Those that played the game to the fullest? Those two women

should not be jurors. If it were myself, I could not hold my head

high walking back into tribal council as a juror.

Amidst all this I have gained new respect for a couple people....

First and foremost, Holly. She not only made the huge reward

sacrifice, but she decided long ago not to quit and to encourage

others to stay in the game as well. I like her determination and

actually, would be my vote (along with Jane) as the two final

survivors. Either one deserves to win at this point of the game.

Also gained respect for Fabio. Yes, he's not the brightest bulb

of the group but I do like the things he has said in Tribal council.

He's determined to keep on playing no matter what the cost. He

has been a real "trooper" through this game.

That's about it for me this week.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Update: Reading Jeff Probst's blog I accept the reasoning for

keeping Purple Kelly and Naonka on the Jury.

Might be good for a few good laughs over the next few weeks.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by MarkMel

If people quit, they should allow the tribe to vote someone back on, rather than having the producers do that.

Once you leave the game you can't be allowed back on as you'd have an unfair advantage. While the contestants are still out there trying to sleep in the rain and living on spoonfuls of rice, etc, evictees get the chance to shower, have a few hot meals, sleep in a decent bed, etc. It would be completely unfair.

However, it has been done. One season they allowed a team of voted out castaways to form a team and compete in a challenge. I recall they had continued to live as the other contestants did so there was no advantage. I can't recall the point of the challenge... I think if they won they'd be allowed back into the game, but they lost.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Update: Reading Jeff Probst's blog I accept the reasoning for

keeping Purple Kelly and Naonka on the Jury.

Probst's attempt at a justification falls apart when even he says they will revise these rules for future seasons. My guess is the the rules specifically say a contestant who quits can stay on the jury, so they can't change the rule mid-season. But this turned out worse than they ever expected because we not only had two people quit in the same episode, we also have someone as noxious as Naonka completely not deserving to be there anymore.

dfergie

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
Pearl Islands, the Scout master lady was allowed back in if I remember right, I just got the dvd set a couple of weeks ago & have only watched the first episode...

Originally Posted by Paul D G

Once you leave the game you can't be allowed back on as you'd have an unfair advantage. While the contestants are still out there trying to sleep in the rain and living on spoonfuls of rice, etc, evictees get the chance to shower, have a few hot meals, sleep in a decent bed, etc. It would be completely unfair.

However, it has been done. One season they allowed a team of voted out castaways to form a team and compete in a challenge. I recall they had continued to live as the other contestants did so there was no advantage. I can't recall the point of the challenge... I think if they won they'd be allowed back into the game, but they lost.

[/QUOTE]

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Yep, Pearl Islands.

Normally I'd comment further but since you're in the process of watching the season I'll respectfully decline to do so and instead refer interested parties to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Pearl_Islands

Tho it really doesn't comment on conditions leading to the Outcasts' return.

dfergie

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
I watched it (Pearl Islands) when it aired, even recorded the CBSHD feed I had to Replay in HQ & burned to dvd's, but jumped on the Amazon deal... :) Marty & Brenda had to restrain themselves when the "quitters" arrived at Ponderosa...

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thank goodness for Tribal Council and a much needed dose of eye candy. Alina, Brenda and Kelly sitting there looked like a Playboy photo shoot was about to break out.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My wife said that Jane looks like an old, withered version of Dakota Fanning.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

If Sash wins, it'll be a sorry ending to an uninteresting season.

But what if Dan wins? Better or worse?

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

If Sash wins, it'll be a sorry ending to an uninteresting season.

But what if Dan wins? Better or worse?

[/QUOTE]

At this point I think Dan is a shoe-in for final three and just may win it since he hasn't pissed anyone off anyone on the jury IIRC.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Dan might just be the most worthless person this game has ever seen. By the way, no mention of the plan to get rid of Benri? Was there even a single insight from the footage that this was possible? Or was I really sleeping through the episode and didn't know it.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I agree, I told my daughter that we got blindsided as well. There wasn't one mention of getting rid of Benry that I recall. He talked about being worried about to Sash but that was it I think.

And what's up with that name anyway, his mother wanted Benjamin and his father wanted Henry? So they compromised?

This season does stink. Could it possibly be that Survivor has reached it's shelf-life?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks