What's new

Survivor Cambodia (1 Viewer)

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
This season has been off to an excellent start - but I'm not too happy about the tribe switch next week. Some interesting alliances and strategies have been introduced and I think it would be a lot more interesting to watch them unfold.

With these players I remain confident in a strong season, but for someone like Savage this has be deja vu all over again - you're in a strong tribe playing a smart game, and then some impossible to foresee wild card is introduced and screws up everything you've worked to accomplish. Some worthy players always seem to be cursed by the Survivor gods.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I think it is a little early for a switch, but going to 3 tribes could be interesting.

Some folks will go to a beach with NOTHING,

Some will go to a week old beach that's got hammocks and such,

And some will go to a beach that just won a tool-kit.

Could create some real advantages......

Should be fun to watch.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I've always liked Spencer, he's my choice to win, but a lot can change. He looks much happier in the previews, so the tribe switch may be good for him to get a fresh start, but we all know how phony the previews can be.

The traitor, wishy-washy guy from Australia needs to go, very few people other than Abi I dislike as much as him. Seems like he's trying to play both sides and I'm guessing it's going to backfire on him.

The whole old vs. new style is interesting, never realized it until this season. Somebody "New" is going to win, the oldies haven't evolved with the game and will eventually be picked off one by one. Shaping up to be one of the better seasons.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I think the whole "Old versus New" stuff is crap. I mean Hatch fed them, but other than that he was totally social. Tina was 100% social game. Ethan was somewhat physical, but Vecepia pretty much did nothing.....Old School??? I don't see it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dheiner said:
I think the whole "Old versus New" stuff is crap.

Of course it's crap.

It is a manufactured storyline which only serves to get in the way of an already perfectly interesting game.

It is just a simplistic way to hook the audience into understanding that this is one way of looking at something and this is another way of looking at something. In effect, it cheapens the complex nature of the game by trying to attract viewers by dumbing down the very nature of the contest.

It means absolutely nothing. It adds no value. But the producers think it keeps things fresh (and they are wrong).

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I think it is kind of interesting that some of us in the thread are disappointed and complain when there is not enough eye candy (myself ocaisionally included), while others of us wish that they took more people that try-out on their own rather than are recruited (myself often included).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Weren't these people invited back based on fan votes? Who in their right mind voted for Abi? I've watched all the seasons, don't even remember her, maybe an early elimination.

There have been some awful players through the years, but she's moving up to the top of the list quickly.

And that twit from the Australia show years ago? Why not have Colby back, he was a major fan favorite.

But this is probably the most manipulated, edited "reality" show ever created, so just sit back and enjoy the phony drama.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Have there been people in these threads complaining about not enough eye candy?!? :biggrin:

If so, I think I'd need to break out the "banning stick!" :laugh:

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Mike Frezon said:
Have there been people in these threads complaining about not enough eye candy?!? :biggrin:

If so, I think I'd need to break out the "banning stick!" :laugh:

I want an all-eye-candy season. Amanda, Parvati, Darrah, Stephenie, Kat, Ambuh, Julie Berry, Jenna, Heidi and Brenda. An equally shallow female can select the guys.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
sarah09.jpg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Dheiner said:
Colby does not fit the criteria. " Only played once, before."
Didn't Wigglesworth and several other players only play once? Is there something I'm missing?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nope. You got it.

John was saying the criteria is "only played once before."

Colby doesn't fit the criteria because he's played twice.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Nope. You got it.

John was saying the criteria is "only played once before."

Colby doesn't fit the criteria because he's played twice.
Thanks for clearing that up. Temporary brain cramp :blink:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I had to catch up on two weeks of episodes yesterday.

I am pretty happy with the survivors who were voted off. No doubt, the most annoying players so far.

Abbey won't be too far behind, I am certain.

Sort of surprised that "the rat" was not voted out, but in the end, it seemed the rest of the group saw what we clearly did on this end.

It's a decent season.

PS: I take it that Jeremy never had the chance to grab that hidden idol during the competition? I may have missed it if I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks