What's new

Directors SUPPORTING Characters - The Movie Character Tournament (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Abstain

Ben all the way! I hate STAR WARS, and Ben is one of the best characters in this tourney IMO.

Biff Tannen

Bilbo Baggins

Billy Bibbet

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Billy Bibbet - or Black Bird? Huh???
When I took nominations, I said that inanimate objects could be considered a character, and several are in the tourney. The Ring in LOTR, the Traveling Gnome from Amelie, and a few others. Anybody who's seen The Maltese Falcon knows what the black bird is.

I love Billy, but if I were voting (which I'm not, except to break a tie if I've seen both movies) I'd vote for the black bird because it's much more important to the story, like Chuck's reasoning for Obi-Wan.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Banky and Barry were tied at 6 each, so I cast my vote for Barry. I love Chasing Amy, but Barry is more memorable as a character.

Barry(High Fidelity)Jack Black wins 7-6
Ben/Obiwan Kenobi(Star Wars series)Alec Guinness and Ewan MacGregor wins 14-5
Biff Tannen(Back to the Future)Thomas F. Wilson wins 15-1
Bilbo Baggins(Lord of the Rings, The series)Ian Holm wins 10-7
Billy Bibbet(One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest)Brad Dourif wins 11-3 (I'm happy, Billy was certainly memorable too!)

Black Knight(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)John Cleese
"It's just a flesh wound!"

or

Blake(Glengarry Glen Ross)Alec Baldwin
"You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy, I don't give a shit. Good father, fuck you! Go home and play with your kids! You wanna work here, close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a site?"

Blind Seer(O Brother, Where Art Thou?)Lee Weaver
"You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation."

or

Blue Raja(Mystery Men)Hank Azaria
"I'm a superhero, Mother. An effete British superhero."

Bob Falfa(American Graffiti)Harrison Ford
"Hey you're s'posed to be the fastest thing in the Valley man, but that can't be your car. It must be your mama's car! I'm sorta' embarrassed to be this close to ya!"

or

Boba Fett(Star Wars series)Jeremy Bulloch/Daniel Logan
No quote available

Bobby Peru(Wild at Heart)Willem Dafoe
"Speaking of Jack, One eyed Jack's yearning to go a peeping in a seafood store!"

or

Boo(Monsters, Inc.)Mary Gibbs
"Mike Wazowski!"

Boo Radley(To Kill A Mockingbird)Robert Duvall
No lines.

or

Boromir(Lord of the Rings, The series)Sean Bean
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing."

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
THANK GOD Billy didn't have to lose to a fuckin statue!

abstain x3

Boba Fett-Bob Falfa may be da man, but Fett is an Icon...

Boromir-as easy as easy can be...

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Blake

Blue Raja

Bob Falfa

Bobby Peru by far! He's my nom, so that also makes him one of my favs in the tourney.

Boromir

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Um yeah ok. Color me stupid but in my mind a supporting character would have to be an actual character and not a piece of furniture, which is why I asked.

Whatever don't let me spoil the fun. Can't wait for the Clark Bar from Caddyshack vs. The Star Trek phaser gun. ;)

Black Knight
abstain - no Mystery Men
Bob Falfa
Bobby Peru
Boromir

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Black Knight (Monty Python and the Holy Grail) John Cleese
Blind Seer (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) Lee Weaver
Boba Fett (Star Wars series) Jeremy Bulloch/Daniel Logan
Boromir (Lord of the Rings, The series) Sean Bean

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Blake (Glengarry Glen Ross) Alec Baldwin
Blue Raja (Mystery Men) Hank Azaria
Bob Falfa (American Graffiti) Harrison Ford
Boo (Monsters, Inc.) Mary Gibbs
Boo Radley (To Kill A Mockingbird) Robert Duvall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks