What's new

Suggestion needed !!! (1 Viewer)

Burki

Agent
Ok. I was thinking to buy a reciver to make a home theater system also i was going to connect it to my computer so that i could listen to my mp3`s at my system. But now i started to consider will i use every feature on that receiver. Ý mean if i buy a receiver i can not afford 5 or 6 speaker system. I can only buy 2 fronts. Than if i have money i ll add more. So if i buy a receiver like onkyo tx-sr601e my main purpose will be music and 2 channel movies.

Main point here is, is it worth to buy a receiver like that to listen music and watch 2 channel movies. Or should i buy a normal cheaper stereo amp to use it as listening to music by connecting to my pc. And i can buy a cd player or something like that. By the way i watch movies from my PC (divx).

I know it became too complicated but plz help. And can u plz suggest some stereo amps which has normal price and good.

Thx from now...

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Well, in my opinion I would get a decent 5.1 reciever for now, use it in stereo mode for the time being, and when you can afford some speakers, just add them and you will have a full blown surround sound system. What is your budget for the reciever. Since you just watch movies on your PC, you could also buy a 5.1 or 6.1 speaker set for PCs. There are quite a few good ones on the market right now. Then you would have a great movie and music system set up for your PC.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
JVC has receivers that offer a lot of features and inputs, for less money. Some have a usb input on the front, for connecting your pc, and playing your mp3s through the receiver and speakers. You can get just two speakers, and expand. If you will be going to HT later, you may want to consider a speaker package that is three speakers, to start with. That's your left, right and center channel. I say this because when you are ready for HT, your center speaker needs to match your two fronts (soundwise). Buying a package like that is sometimes cheaper than buying a pair...... Good luck!

Burki

Agent
I was thinking to buy a 5.1 speaker package but my sound card is 4.1 i guess and has digital out. There is this 5.1 speaker package from Logitec which u can use it with 4.1 sound cards. That can be good but will it give me good quality sound like receiver and speakers. I mean if i am buying something i want to buy the best with my money.I want to use my money till the last cent. And by the way everything`s price is double where i m living now.

Or should i just leave this idea and buy my main idea ( Onkyo TX-SR601E and 2 JBL E90 ) ? If i buy this set will it be hard for me to plug my receiver to my pc ?

DavidLW

Stunt Coordinator
Get a receiver (even if it's only 2 channel). Your computer may surfice for a DVD/CD player but it makes a lousy pre-amp. With a receiver you can eventually plug in a tape deck, vcr, turntable, use headphones, use tone controls, use the tuner and of course add extra speakers. And some day you may want to invest in a cheap DVD/CD player (and TV?) and return your computer to what it does best, computing and surfing.

Burki

Agent
Ok i ll definetely get a receiver and decided at Onkyo. Now i m thinking on speakers. In my mind i want to get 2 fronts from JBL`s northridge e series (E 90). I dont know anything about these speakers.I never listened to them. Anyways after these 2 fronts later i can add up more from the same serie.

Or should i buy a home theater speaker package. I have a good deal from onkyo`s 6.1 speaker package which has a active subwoofer also.

My purpose will be 50/50 = movies and music.

So i want to learn more about JBL`s northridge e series or is the other idea better.

Waiting for your suggestions.

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks