What's new

Suggestion for a first time diy (1 Viewer)

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
I looking for suggested diy kits with cabinets and crossovers under $200( preferably around $150). I'm looking to give these as a gift with my old Marantz 4130(60 watts) for a two channel set up without a sub. These will go in a small room 9wx11lx8h. This is for someone in their 60's(my mother in-law) who listens to mainly jazz, classical, singer/songwriters, slack key guitar, and some new age relaxation stuff. All listening at low to moderate levels.

Is there something that fits the bill? I used to run Paradigm Atoms with this receiver and was amazed at the sound difference when I ran the Atoms with my present Marantz SR7200(110watts). Once they were on the 7200 I then knew why reviewers liked the Atoms so much. I guess in an around about way I'm asking do I need to concern myself with efficiency first when selecting speakers to match with this receiver? Or am I crazy in thinking there is anyway to make a $400 receiver perform like a $1000 receiver and I should just buy her a pair of Titans?

Thanks,
CQ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks