What's new
World Wide Stereo

subwoofer choices (1 Viewer)

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
I have been investigating several different options, due more to the delay I have in purchasing that anything. However, I don't see this as a bad thing I have learned quite a bit.

I am so ready to purchase an SVS and if I had the cash now it would be done however, a needed lawnmower, dental work, and some other miscellaneous expenses have evaporated my sub savings of late :-(

In the interim I have noticed that HSU is highly rated and competitively priced. I have also been looking very closely at the Dayton titanic 15" sub kit from parts-express for the $680 range. It has a 1000watt amp and a perimetric eq included. Has anyone here tried this kit, it is a sealed box but with that much power and a 15" woofer it would seem that the low end could be sub 20hz without an issue. Yes I know sub design is much more than power and size.

728x90

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
What are you serious? You put off a subwoofer purchase for dental work!?

just kidding! :D ;)

All the subs you mentioned are fine choices, all in the same ballpark.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
If you bought a SVS you could rattle those bad teeth right outta your head...then you got your sub and your dental work. :)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Scott, my general impression of SVS and HSU (I have experience with both) is that HSU seems to give a bit more performance for the $, but aren't as well built and I think they are just kind of cheap looking. It seems they don't put as much effort into the appearance of their subs as SVS. Both perform quite well. Since subs are big and you have to look at them, I lean toawrd the SVS.

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
Thanks guys.....I am lusting after the new SVS 13". Still, has anyone here tried the Dayton Titanic kit?

Believe me, I would have rather bought all new HT equip than go through this dental stuff....NOT FUN!! ....and a lawnmower.....argghh they are getting expensive to buy a decent one. I guess I'm showing my age, everything is expensive....I sound like my Dad now LOL.

Alas.....it will pass.

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott

Yeah no s@*t .....I had a root canal and a cap some 8 yrs ago and now to find out they did not remove all of the abcess and it has grown to a problem. The options were, remove it, remove the cap and redo the root canal or surgery through the gum.......I was looking for option #4......maybe the sub would have been a better choice!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks