What's new

still got vacuums on my mind (1 Viewer)

Neal_C

Second Unit
By cyclone action, do you mean the stuff in the canister stops moving? If so, not to worry. I have owned or used 3 different Dyson models(DC07, DC14 Amimal, DC15 "Ball") and they all do the same thing. Sometimes it just depends what kind of stuff gets in there. Its still not losing suction and its still cleaning.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I wasn't sure how you could possibly tell that the cyclone action stops. I thought maybe you had found large particles of dirt and debris jamming up against the HEPA filter. I was going to ask, but then Neal's response raised a good question. The "cyclone action" takes place in the opaque cones above the clear debris bin. This is where centrifugal force separates dust and dirt from air. The clear bin just gives the dust/dirt a place to land.

Check the bottom of your HEPA filter. If it's clean, then you know your "cyclone action" is working just fine.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
A quick update: We got the new DC17 Animal, supposedly the most powerful vacuum you can buy.

It sucks.

I mean, we have put this thing thru its paces in this dusty, dirty hairball of a house, where the gray yick was drifting in the corners like snow. (It's been a long time since I had a vacuum.) The Dyson is simply amazing, and unlike any other vacuum I've ever had it seems to want to vacuum. A single room fills the canister with yuck and stuff you would not even have imagined was in the carpets, darned berber. Emptying the canister is easy as the touch of a button. Even impacted dust is easily accessed and knocked out without too much mess. I can attach a little turbo mini-vacuum to the extendable 17-foot tube and vacuum the whole staircase without moving the vacuum itself, and it never loses its strong suction.

Pretty much everything about this product seems to be as promised: it sucks.

My one complaint about it is that we got the hellahighend model, you know? Costs as much as a small car; we'll be eating Ramen noodles for our holiday dinner, you know? It comes with four or five extra attachments, like a low-floor attachment and a super-duper turbo attachment and stuff. But it does not come with EVERY attachment, which would have been nice and inclusive at this price. I could really use the soft-bristle duster attachment, but it's another $30, for goodness sake.

So far, the Dyson is great! :cool:

MC

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Congrats, Micah.

While picking at your Ramen noodles, take satisfaction in knowing that I continue my Dyson envy and will be coveting your "Animal" from afar! :D

Of course, we'll be grilling up the NY strip steaks tonight! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks