What's new

Still Another DVD-A/SACD Connection Question. (1 Viewer)

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Well David Bowie & Pink Floyd releases on SACD didn't cause me to buy an SACD player, neither did Mr. Scoggins, but a $500 price tag on a Sony 555es did.

So here's the equipment.

Sunfire TG II
Sunfire Cinema Grand
Toshiba SD-9200 DVD-A
Sony 555es SACD.

And the question.

Since I have to select which outputs to use on the 9200 (analog 6 channel, analog 2 channel, bitstream, & PCM), would I be wrong in assuming that I can connect both units to my TG II using Y connectors, as long as I don't cause a conflict by having my 9200 playing through the 6 channel outputs at the same time as the 555es?

Help!

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
No.
The Y connectors load down the impedance on the TG-3. This is bad ;)
You need to get either Shawn Fogg's switchbox, or a pair of radio shack A/B audio video switchers (3 inputs per connection).
Regards,

Doug_B

Screenwriter
$200 sounds about right for the price of that unit.

Can't assess worth as I don't have it, but I opted not to support multich for both SACD and DVD-A. Multich isn't important to me, so I just have multich for DVD-A to account for any titles I get that do not have hi-rez 2 ch. It also helps that my controller supports analog bypass as an option for any 2 ch analog input, in addition to the 5.1 input.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks