What's new

Stickers, Wrap, and Cardboard Sleeves (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Yeah, Iron Man 2 is one fairly "recent" example of the original U.S. slip being rare and in demand. There are plenty of others; there are lots of collectors of comic book-related stuff and ST/SW etc., they want "everything", the rarer the better. They shrinked the slips on the (re-release?) IM2 here just to be safe, they almost never shrink slips on in Canada, $5 without vs $30 with slip. We also never had as much security-stickering on the case edges as you had in the U.S. if it was a Canada-specific release, usually just the top edge after BDs had been around for a few years. I'm pretty certain I've never got a UK BD with security stickering. In fact, some BDs from UK amazon don't even have shrink (i.e. are unsealed) if it's a release made to be sold specifically by them (i.e. never sees a B&M), much more common with CDs though.

Also for many large-release titles, the slip was pretty limited in quantity considering the number of discs sold/made, and since people who bought early did pay more, it's typical to see the used price of the BD with the slip to be quite a lot more than without. Which essentially makes the slip "worth" more than the disc, if you want to look at it that way. It's the same with lots of "vintage" products: who kept the box for 20, 50 years? It's the packaging that's worth the $$.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Iron Man 2 may be a case where the cardboard wrapper actually has more inherent value than the movie itself.

Man, I hate that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks