What's new

Stereo music through TX-DS797 (1 Viewer)

rall275

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
I'm a newbie, but here's my problem:

I have an Onkyo TX-DS797 AVR. I'd like to listen to 4 speakers for music. I have an MP3 player to connect to an input (I've used cd input successfully for the front main speakers)

I have 2 Yamaha NS1000M's for the front L and front R main speakers.

I have 2 RSL Cg 6a speakers I'd like to have as speaker set B or speakers 3 and 4 running frin the surround speaker front L and front R outputs.

I've been reading the manual, but can't seem to find the process to use this AVR to run 4 speakers for stereo music. I've been trial and erroring for a while now, but that doesn't seem to work.

Anyone know the process? Maybe it just isn't feasible and I'll have to get a 2 channel stereo receiver, but from what I've gathered, it SHOULD be possible to do this with this Onkyo.

Thanks for any help!!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
A lot of AVRs have a “5-channel stereo” setting, “Party” etc. that puts music in all the speakers. Looking through your manual it doesn’t appear that your AVR has this feature.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It looks like it does have an all-channel stereo setting. Use the DSP (front panel or remote) to cycle through the options.
See page 51.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks