What's new

static in rear surrounds. (1 Viewer)

Soundjunkie1977

Auditioning
Real Name
John Hamerle
I have a Onkyo tr-n609 receiver (thinks thats the model) number. Anyways i have noticed noticed static in the rear surround speakers if there is nothing on the channel at the time. NO static out of any of the other speakers. I have checked all the obvious things(speaker connections, put a magnetic shield on the power and coaxiils that are running back there) . All my speakers are ran through the walls with banana plug connectors at the wall plate. I have taken this all apart, cleaned all the dust and stripped all my connections back and hooked them back, tried a different outlet, different surge protector, and swapped the speakers and nothing seems to work. I have elimated everything that i know to do, Anyone have any ideas any thoughts? thought maybe i was getting some bad power but i bought a monster power line conditioner and power supply and I still have the issue.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Try swapping the rear surround connections with the side surrounds. See if the problem follows to the sides or if it stays in the rear. If it follows to the sides, I would guess you have a cable issue (maybe too close to a power cable).
Also, are the in wall cables CL2 rated for in wall use?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
How old is your receiver? I've had a couple receivers that developed static in one channel when they started to wear out. It may be internal and time to get a new receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks