What's new

Starship Troopers - SE or Superbit? (1 Viewer)

RobertWW

Auditioning
I'm considering picking this up, but I'm not sure if I should pick up the 2 disc special edition or the Superbit disc. I'm not really that interesting in extras, so I'd just like to know which has the better video and audio. Can anyone give me their opinions? Thanks.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i think the concensus from the people that had both was that the SB was reference.

i had the first version and now have the SE and as good a disc as the first was, the SE was a subtle improvment.
i'm using a front projector and a large screensize, and frankly, it looks quite good enough that i was nt tempted in the least to get the SB.
you say you don't care about the extras, so you might as well just get the SB and not look back- if there is a considerable price difference and you would like to save money, i would say you wouldn't find the SE disappointing at all in terms of PQ/SQ

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
The SB edition just edges out the 2-disc version in terms of picture quality. There's a subtle increase in detail and a reduction in visible compression artefacts which can make all the difference on a larger display.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks