What's new

Stargate SG-1 Season 4 disc problem... (1 Viewer)

Karl B

Grip
Currently working my way through the entire region 1 season sets but have come across a problem on Disc 5 of season 4 and was wondering if anyone else has encountered it.

During the final episode, as exactly 27mins 01 secs my player (a pioneer DV-414), the picture freezes but the time code continues for another 2 seconds, before locking up completely. The only way to resume playing is to use the time search and program it to go to 27mins and 02 secs, at which point it plays again perfectly.

Now I have tried a couple of replacements and all have the same problem, which leads me to suspect there's something about the disc that my player doesn't like (though even my PC stutters at that point during playback).

Has anyone else come across this, or am I just unlucky?

Thanks

RogerH

Supporting Actor
My season 4 worked fine. But I recently bought Season 5 and on disc 1 on the 2nd episode I got the freezing problem so I returned it. They didn't have any copies left so I got a refund.

Hopefully I'll get a good copy soon.

Karl B

Grip

That's probably going to be my next port of call. Though, to be honest, being in the UK I can imagine they might not be too fussed about helping. Still, it's worth a try.

Sorry to hear your season 5 got the problem, RogerH, as I seemed to be okay with that one.

Don't know about anyone else, but the most annoying thing about this kind of problem is the thought of having to rewatch episodes again so soon. I mean, I love the show, but there's only so many hours I can put aside to watch it.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well luckly for me it happened on the 2nd episode of season 5 so I don't have to re-watch alot of it when I get that is. I have a couple of other sets to watch first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks