What's new

Stargate Atlantis (1 Viewer)

Roger_R

Second Unit
Seems like they went with the same recipe as SG-1. Show of the main villain in the pilot and then not show him for another season.
Is there any plans for sci-fi to go HD? I think the effects would look great in a higher resolution.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

I forgot about that one. I had a pretty good laugh at that. Sarcastic but quite funny.

Next episode has something to do with an ancient prisoner (or thing) that's been held in the city since it went down. I'm looking forward to this one.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Well I enjoyed it a lot, will definately keep watching.

However I was a little dissapointed that the first world they jumped to after atlantis, used the same latter SG1 generic forrest set. Remember when Stargate had sand? :D

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
I get tired of the "forest" as well. I guess that's what you get when you film in Vancouver. Reminds me of The x-Files, Millenium, etc.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, really! In one of the commentaries they mentioned that the sand was just over the hill from the airport in Vancouver. What will they think of next?

Glenn

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm

I agree! I know its early but it even looks better than SG1. I've only seen up to Season 5.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I wouldn't go that far. I thought The Shadows and Scorpius were a lot scarier but I did like them.

RickGr

Second Unit
hmmm I wonder if they tell the Wraiths "get the hell out of our galaxy", they will tuck tail and leave like those scarey shadows did.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they can send them over to the Goa'uld. Now that I'd like to see - and I'm sure it would have me in stitches! :)

Glenn

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought the second episode was pretty medicore. How many times have we seen the hazardous cloud of energy coming after people in a sci fi show? It's been done to death. I think the producers spent all their money on the Premiere and all they had money left for was a black cloud going around the station. I hope the upcoming episodes are written better.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I found it funny that both SG-1 and SG-A were being threatend by unseen entities. Both had big, explosive, first episodes and then the first regular shows they never left their home bases.

SG-1 was good while SG-A had better start picking up the pace.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Before it came on, I never expected Atlantis to leave its base. Having an active stargate not under the general's command would certainly rub O'Neill the wrong way, I'm sure.

All in all, I didn't like it. I expected Atlantis to be populated, and now that it isn't, I don't see where the interaction is going be. No offense to them, but they won't learn much from the natives that they brought over.

I'm going to stick it through until the end of August, but if that was their 2nd episode, someone's in trouble.

Glenn

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I liked the second ep. But I do think it was a bit of a re-tread. However, I also understand that it's early and the writers are trying to establish some of the characters for us first.

I'm feeling rather suspicious of that kids' Father for some reason.

Joel

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
Doh! I missed it last night... Is the Irish doctor still on the show? He's my favorite character so far. :D

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
Considering the writing in the last two seasons of SG-1, last nights episode was pretty much what I expected the show to be like most of the time. The original show was never at Farscape's level, but even though its turned Trekkish its still way better than Trek. The same goes for Atlantis in my opinion.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Not being a regular viewer of the original how has the show turned Trekish? Just curious.
I have to agree the original was never quite as good as Farscape but I see people state on here that it is one of the best shows on TV so...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks