What's new

Star Wars: The Acolyte (Disney+) (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
New logo reveal via SW celebration

FtGvHZwWAAEwWr1

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I learned this just got canceled by Disney, or if it hasn't yet, it likely will be.

I wonder if Disney has announced and then canceled more Star Wars projects than it has released. My guess is yes.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I’m pretty sure it’s finished filming. If so, there’s no way it’s canceled.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I’m pretty sure it’s finished filming. If so, there’s no way it’s canceled.
In the world of streaming, I'm not sure it matters anymore if a production is in the can or not. Star Trek Prodigy season two is basically done, and will be finished, but season one is being removed from P+ and they are trying to off load the series elsewhere before they merge with Showtime.

I'm not sure the old rules matter anymore. Used to be, if something was announced, it was made, and eventually you could see it. That is hardly the case anymore.

Everything is starting to shrink. Many years ago I talked to someone from Netflix who thought I was crazy when I said, "You just dropped a movie that cost two hundred million dollars. You basically have the same subscribers you had before you spent the two hundred million on credit. How are you ever going to get in the green with this strategy?" And they replied, "We'll eventually have one or two billion subscribers. Think about getting $15 a month from two billion households. We'll be fine."

What a fantasy land these streaming services have been living in.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Rumor

And they are citing Cosmic Book News, a notoriously bogus site. Until I see this from someone reputable, I will continue to say it’s fake.

Keep in mind that this rumor comes a day after an announcement that the Acolyte had hired Star Wars’ first-ever transgender cast member. This is likely a reaction to that news from someone who has a problem with it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
(edited by the author, who sometimes forgets he talks too much)

Last edited:

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
And they are citing Cosmic Book News, a notoriously bogus site. Until I see this from someone reputable, I will continue to say it’s fake.
I hope you're right. It feels like, to me at least, shows are dropping like flies these days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks